Monday, February 2, 2015

Deepest Sorrow

The year so far is shaping up to be one funeral after another. I hope this is not a trend. A friend passed away suddenly over the weekend so I am sending the family this card.

The image is the progressive image over at the Outlawz challenges designed by Sandi Samples. The image is colored with Bic markers and backed with Spellbinder's Lacy Squares. The sentiment is from Gina K. The background is scraps out of my box and I added the lace trim and a couple of self-adhesive rhinestones.
I am entering these challenges:
That's it for tonight. I spent the day unloading two semis of Girl Scout cookies in the freezing cold. I love my volunteer jobs but it took me several hours to feel my toes again. Thank goodness for a friend who gave me hand warmers. Next year I'm buying toe warmers too.  Hope your week is off to a great start!

Donna

6 comments:

Glenda said...

Your card is beautiful! This kind of card is never easy to design but yours has a quiet elegance and I love the watering can filled with flowers.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

So sorry for the lost of your friend. Sympathy cards are the hardest for me to do. I don't want to make till I need them and then I wind up being somewhat upset when I need to do them. You did a beautiful job with this wonderful card. It's perfect.

Patricia St Martin said...

Donna, Beautiful job with the image, love your colors and layout is real pretty with the lace.
Hugs, Pat/♥

*Vicki* said...

So sorry about your loss. This sympathy creation is really stunning with your image and your heartfelt design, I know it will appreciated for sure! Beautiful make!! HUGS

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Your card is beautiful, great image, colors and accents. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

Sue - HIMCR DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Lena said...

Sorry for the loss of your friend. Your card is lovely and bound to bring the family some comfort.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
Hugs,
Lena – DT
Lena’s Creations

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...