Friday, January 12, 2018

You Rock

Happy snowy Friday! We are in the middle of a snow storm. Supposed to get several inches but it's the ice underneath that's the problem. It rained all night long and then dropped 30 degrees and turned to sleet and then snow. Wonderful driving conditions - not! But fortunately all the schools are closed so I am thankful I don't have to pick up the twins today. Instead I did a little stamping and coloring.


This will be my granddaughter, Valerie's, Valentine card. This sweet bugaboo image is Kidz Love Girl. I colored her with Spectrum Noir and Copic markers. The hearts and her bow were then colored with Spectrum Noir shimmer pen. I die cut her with MFT Single Stitch Line Rectangle Frames. And die cut the frame in black card stock. I cut a small strip of black card stock for the edges of the card. The gingham is a scrap from my scrap bin. The base card is red and on the right side I stamped some small hearts in versa mark ink and heat set them. The sentiment is from MFT All About You stamp set. I am entering these challenges:

Thanks for stopping by today. I am beginning to feel a little better although my voice has not returned. It's been a week now and I am really ready to feel like myself again. If you are in this snow storm, stay safe and warm. My DH just came home from work (early) and said the roads are much worse now than they were this morning. Have a super weekend!

Donna

5 comments:

Stef H said...

this is just darling!
so sorry to hear you have the flu. it's going around. ALOT of people here in my complex have it - and I live in a 55+ community. I've had a cough since Dec. 1 and it's finally going away.... until the cold air hits it and I start all over again.
anyway, take care and get well fast.

"they" were expecting an ice storm here too and we got rain and, like you, the temps dropped. the back deck was a sheet of glass. thankful for my mix of dawn deterg., rubbing alcohol and hot water. I was able to defrost a path and the steps on the deck so puppy wouldn't slide down.

still very cold, but sunny and the snow missed us completely. i'll take the cold temps over snow & ice anytime!

have a great week and, again, get well soon.

hugs...

Pam said...

What an adorable Valentine card! Isn't it fun to make things for the grand-children!!! Even my oldest grand-children save every card I make or them, you wouldn't expect the boys to but they do. Warms my heart!
I hope you are feeling a bit better.
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Lorraine A said...

Another gorgeous card Donna :-) the image is adorable and the papers are perfect! I am sure Valerie will love this :-)

Hope you're feeling better soon, I am recovering from a nasty cold too and am still coughing, it seems to be taking ages to shake it off! :-/

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, this is so adorable. Love that image. Perfect papers to match.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Donna! The image is adorable.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...