This card is for Day 5 of the Catch the Bug Birthday Bash. The challenge was to use humor with cupcakes. At first I thought that cake was a bunch of cupcakes on top of one another but there is a little cupcake down in the left hand corner so I hope this qualifies. This lady bug birthday is just too cute. I colored the images with American Craft markers and then doe cut both the image and sentiment with MFT inside and out stitched rounded corner squares. But I cut each one twice so that two corners were rounded and 2 corners were square. I got them almost identical which I thought was really pretty good. The plaid paper is from my scrap box and I added some enamel dots from Close to my Heart as embellishments. I am entering these challenges:
- Catch the Bug Birthday Bash Day 5: humor me with cupcakes
- Bugaboo Crafty challenge: use a Bugaboo image
- Simon Says Wednesday challenge: add a sentiment
- Craftaholics R Us: anything goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft: anything goes
My second card tonight is for Valentine's Day. The image is this month's Limited Run progressive image. You can join the fun for free this month so you might want to check it out.
The image and the "love grows" sentiment are the freebies this month. I followed the sketch at Atlantic Hearts for this card.
The images are colored with Spectrum Noir markers and then embellished with white gel pen dots. I did add an extra sentiment from MFT All About You stamp set. The images were die cut with MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags. I am entering these challenges:
- Limited Run Progressive challenge: use the month's image
- Atlantic Hearts Sketch: sketch above
- Through the Craft Room Door: anything goes
- Try Stampin' on Tuesday: Tic Tac Tuesday (black/heart/red)
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra: anything goes
That's it for me tonight. I'm really tired tonight. Hope you had a wonderful day today and Friday brings you lots of joy. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you come again soon!