Wednesday, November 1, 2017

An Aussie Christmas

November has arrived (how did that happen so fast?) and it's so exciting that today begins the month long Christmas challenge over at Beccy's Place. She calls it a Month of Holiday Cards and it's her fifth year. It so helps me finish up those Christmas cards that I need to get done and I LOVE her images! So today she started off with the letter "A". Use something with A to make your project.


The photo doesn't do this card justice unfortunately. One of these days I have to research how to take better photos. I made an "A2" card with the Aussie Wreath from Beccy's Place. The image is pre-colored but I added shading with Copic marker BG10 around the wreath and then added Wink of Stella to the bow and the hearts. Both the image and the sentiment are die cut with Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitch Rectangles. The hearts also come from that same die set. The sentiment is from Gina K Designs Blessed is the Season (retired). Thanks to Beccy for getting us motivated to be ready with Christmas cards on time this year!
I am entering these challenges:

I wasn't able to go play with the twins at Head Start today. I have a nasty cold that just won't seem to go away. So I opted to stay home and rest and craft. Not too much of a hardship. But I miss those little guys. Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

Donna

5 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, that is beautiful. You did such a great job on that card.

Beccy said...

You did a wonderful job on your card Donna, it's always nice to see an "Aussie-flavour" to people's work. I really like the shading you added around the image, it really helps to bring the wreath forward. The little hearts are lovely and I also like the sentiment you added. Wonderful!
Cheers,
Beccy

Pam said...

I just love your gorgeous Christmas card! I love traditional cards and colors!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Marie Bingaman said...

This is a beautiful card! Your shading adds the perfect touch to the pre-colored image! Thanks for sharing with us at CHNC Extra! :)

~Marie B -DT

Suzanne H said...

So pretty! Congratulations on your win!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...