Monday, July 10, 2017

Soccer Nut

Well another week is moving ahead and it seems my list of things to do just gets longer. The deer are munching on my garden leaves and the chipmunks are eating my spaghetti squash. It's frustrating to weed and hoe and plant and then nothing comes of it all. Hot and humid here and afternoon storms predicted every day this week. I took a break from my thank you notes today to make a birthday card that I needed. I love the way this turned out.


The image and part of the sentiment is Bugaboo Stamp's Soccer Nut. I thought this was recently released but I couldn't find it in the store. I colored him with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut him with Spellbinder's Classic Rectangles. The edge is a scrap of soccer ball paper. The black strip is punched with a slit punch and I threaded some green ric rac through the slits. The "happy birthday" sentiment is from Hero Arts It's Your Day stamp set.I added some black enamel dots for embellishment. I followed the Stella Sketch. This is for our nephew who loves to play soccer. His birthday is next Monday.
I am entering these challenges:

Tomorrow I am back to thank you cards, so stay tuned. LOL! Trying to play catch up with lots of things right now. Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Donna

9 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful and again a great choice of image and sentiment. Fun card. Sorry about your garden and the deer problem. One puts a lot of hope and energy into a garden and yes, it is heart braking to see it ruined.
hugs
Glenda

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, your card is adorable. That's why I don't have a garden too much work, hehe.

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful card, love the cute image and sentiment
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

K M Meena Herale said...

Such a cute birthday card. Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena S4F DT

stampwithsandy said...

This is adorable, Donna! Your little "soccer nut" is going to love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Lia said...

Going 'nuts' with this great card! The image is funny!
Lia, DT S4F

Pam said...

Adorable card! I think I ave a few of the peanut Bugaboo stamps. e are reaping the rewards of our deck garden (although I did see evidence of a squirrel helping himself to my cherry tomatoes).
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Shylaashree said...

fun and lovely card. Good luck &Thank you for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenge.
Shylaa DT@S4F
Adhiraacreations

Sollan said...

This is so lovely!Thank you for playing at Scrapping4fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...