Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Merry Little Christmas

Another slight detour from my thank you cards today for a Christmas in July challenge. I wanted to participate in the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge and wish them a happy 8th birthday celebration this month. I wasn't able to get anything made last week for the challenge since we had family home all week so I wanted to be sure to get something in this week. Happy Birthday to TMS! Not only do they have a sketch this month bt they also have a theme. This week it's Christmas in July.


I used the TMS sketch as inspiration and chose the Merle image from Beccy's Place. I just love him tangles in all the lights. I die cut him with Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitch Rectangles. I cut four pieces of candy paper from my scrap box with MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags and glued them to my green card stock base. I have a new Christmas set from Altenew called Halftone Holidays. I got the matching dies so you can die cut Christmas and Season with this set. Then there are a bunch of little sentiments that you can add. So I added one of those to my card. I finished yup be coloring and adding a heart for embellishment. I really like this one!
I am entering these challenges:
The twins and their parents are coming for dinner tonight so I need to get myself in gear and get dinner going. I'll close with another picture of them. Thanks for stopping by.

Donna


10 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, that giraffe is so adorable and great take on the sketch. Looks like they are both teething the way they are chewing on those spoons, hehe.

Beccy said...

Goodness those kids are cute, and growing fast too! I bet you and your hubby are having lots of fun with them, it's a lovely age.
Your card is fantastic Donna, well done. I really like the "Christmas" sentiment across the front of the card, the white outline really makes it pop. I also like the cute little heart at the top. You've done an great job interpreting the sketch.
Cheers,
Beccy

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this giraffe image! SO fun! Great card : ) Oh, my the twins are getting so big- I so love when you post pictures!!!!

Michelle said...

Such a funny card. I like the colors and the image.
Thanks for playing with us Inspiration Destination.
Good luck!! Michelle (DT)

Debbie said...

Oh my! Your twins are growing so quickly and are so adorable!!!

What a fun card! I love your image!!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Super design! Thanks for entering the challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. hugs, Teresa, DT

Wanda said...

I love this image tangled up in Christmas Lights. Your card is fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us again at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Super cute giraffe with all his lights! Fun design with the banners too!

Melissa Craig said...

Super sweet card - such a cute giraffe. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...