Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day!

I've been watching the twins this afternoon and evening and made dinner for the kids. We watched the twins last night so their parents could go out for Valentine's Day. I'll have them again tomorrow night and we have them all day on Saturday. All that to say that I didn't have time to post until now. So I hope your Valentine's Day was special. My husband brought me flowers after work today. That's only the second time in 40 years that he's brought me flowers. LOL! My card today could be a Valentine but I'll probably send it as a love note later on.


I love this sentiment from A. A. Milne and decided that I'd use it for this card. My heart dies and patterns didn't really fit the shape of the sentiment so I hand cut the sentiment into a heart and then hand cut the backing paper. This was a free image and when I downloaded it I labeled it Life of the Party but I can't find any digital stamp company by that name. So I'm not sure where I got this. The black card stock background was embossed with a Sizzix Flourishes embossing folder. This entire card is almost all scraps. Even the ribbon is a scrap from my scrap box. I used the Tuesday Morning Sketch as inspiration.
I am entering these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you had a lovely day!

Donna


21 comments:

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Donna, love the pretty layout. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Myoriah said...

Beautiful card and excellent use of scraps. Thanks for joining in the Hiding In My Craft Room super scraps challenge. Hope you will join us soon in another challenge. Beth DT

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, that's a wonderful sentiment. Congrats on the flowers. It is so wonderful that you help out so much with the twins - my Mom was 100 miles away and still is so she wasn't able to babysit as much as she does for my brother. Now my kids are grown and live near her which is rather funny.

Pam said...

Very pretty and sweet card! I love the layout, embossing and sentiment.
My hubby made dinner last night and had the table set all Valentine-y. They can surprise us once in a while!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is very sweet and I love how you have to read around it. Flowers from your husband was very sweet especially since it is rare....just like my husband. It's great that you are helping with the kids, but are you getting time with your hubby and having date night...haha

Melissa Craig said...

This is a sweet card. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

This is so sweet!! I love this sentiment!!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Shelly Schmidt said...

I just love your sweet sentiment cut into a heart shape! Beautifully done. Wow, you are getting lots of rocking chair time and keeping busy with the babies! You are so sweet to do an overnight so the kids can go out for VD. Way to go to your hubby for the flowers : )

Miranda said...

Cute card! Love the sentiment! Thanks for playing along at Hiding In My Craft Room! Miranda DT

Gail said...

Great card and I love how you made your words fit in the heart. Awesome idea! Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge Blog! --Gail

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

cm said...

Oh my...such a sweet sentiment, showcased so beautifully! Makes me teary-eyed (in a good way!). So thrilled you shared your carmine-black-red design in the Cupcakes Inspiration gallery!
~carol

Indy's Designs said...

What a fun Valentine's card! Thanks so much for sharing at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Melissa Craig said...

Fun card! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Andrea W said...

Lovely sentiment and it looks terrific in the heart shape. So glad you shared your creation at Tuesday Throwdown.

Beatriz said...

Great card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments designs this time, good luck and hope to see you next time, hugs Beatriz dt

EK Gorman said...

To start off, what to go husband!!! I just love when they are able to not only surprise us, but knock us off our feet. I love the love note you made and it is perfect for our color challenge this week. Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.

Patti said...

Ditto all of the above Donna, this is a great card and that you made it from scraps - even better! Thanks so much for creating with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

Wendy Bellino said...

Your husband knew you needed some appreciation after all that babysitting! Kudos to you for giving the parents some alone time! So glad you shared your card with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Hugs to you! Wendy DT

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Donna! I absolutely LOVE this card, and it would be so perfect for our challenge at Paper Sweeties. It would be wonderful to have you stop by and play along with us. www.papersweeties.com - on the blog.

Blessings,
Karen L

Helen said...

Great card - love the sentiment.

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...