Monday, February 6, 2017

Humorous Birthday

A quick post today. I spent the morning with the twins (on my own) as their parents went to sign up for a Head Start program. The kids were really good. Both took a nap and I was able to get some cleaning done for them. But they are also coming to our house for dinner this evening so I need to get that going for sure. Today is their 4 month birthday so I plan to get some pictures this evening and post again later.


My card today is for my oldest brother's birthday. His health hasn't been very good lately and I was hoping this would cheer him up. The inside reads: "Teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat drinking beer all day! Happy Birthday." The image is from Bugaboo stamps  called Gus Fishing. I used the Catch the Bug Stella Sketch as inspiration.


The background paper is At the Seaside by Trimgym. I used Spectrum Noir markers to color the image and MFT Inside and Out Stitched Rounded Squares to die cut the image. The border at the bottom is Spellbinder's Classic Triple Scallop. The embossing folder on the yellow card stock is the Moroccan Screen.I am entering these challenges:

That's it for me right now. We have a possibility of severe weather tonight and tomorrow so we'll be keeping a sharp eye on the skies around here. Stay safe and I'll be back with some twin pictures later.

Donna


8 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, I'm sure your brother will love the card! It is a great one to bring a smile. Can't wait to see some pictures of the twins.

Tamie said...

Fantastic image, sentiment and layout of your card. Simply fun and your brother will love it. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing inspiration with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Anything Goes Challenge.

Tamie DT

Borqna said...

Bravo, Donna!
Good luck!

Glenda Atkins said...

Too funny, love it and it gave me a good chuckle.
hugs
Glenda

JoAnn said...

Really cute card with that fish sentiment and image. Love it. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Sandra said...

What a super fun card, love the fishing theme and the stamp with the sentiment is fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Vicki Dutcher said...

Funny sentiment :) -- Love the added felt heart - Thanks for joining in at STB

Kelly Schelske said...

Ha! What a super cute card!

Thank you for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, hope to see you again soon!

Hugs,
Kelly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...