Sunday, February 19, 2017

Hogs and Kisses

Happy Sunday! After having the twins yesterday all day we took today off. Tom and I went out to Baby Creek and finished laying brick for a sidewalk and then we walked the property. Tonight we are having dinner and cards with some friends. I'll be back to babysitting tomorrow evening. I did manage to finish a card after the kiddos left last night.


This is the image for the progressive challenge for From the Heart Stamps. The image and sentiment is from Hogs and Kisses Pigwit. My favorite chocolate is Hershey Kisses and M&Ms. I try very hard not to buy them when I go to the store. I would eat the whole package. But he is just so cute with kiss in hand. Since Valentine's Day is past I decided to use him for St. Patrick's Day. I don't send a lot of St. Patrick's Day cards but I do send a few. This is a window card. The window is die cut with MFT  Inside and Out Stitched Rounded Squares. Pigwit is floating on an acetate window. Along with him are some green hearts cut from Simon Says Stackable Hearts die. I glued them on both the inside and the outside of the window and covered them with Wink of Stella for a nice shimmer. I colored Pigwit with Spectrum Noir markers and fussy cut him twice. So there is a blank that's glued on the other side of the window so you don;t see the marker coming through. I die cut the sentiment with MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags and inked with Mowed Lawn distress ink. To finish off I made a row of lighter green hearts on the kraft card stock. The designer paper  on the inside of the card is from Recollections Basics Paper Pad. I think it turned out really cute.
I am entering these challenges:

That's it for today. We are off to have some fun with friends. Hope your weekend has been wonderful. Our weather is supposed to be in the 60s all week.I'm afraid it will kill all the buds on the trees and flowers when we get the inevitable freeze. Take care!

Donna

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow, another great way to use t his fun image. Love that you used Hamlet for St. Patrick's Day! Thanks so much for playing along with us at From the Heart Stamps SOTM challenge!

Imke said...

This is super cute, Donna. The green and the light gray (?) Looks great together and your coloring of Hamlet is great !

Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !

Imek ~ My Crafty Place

Lisa Lynn said...

Adorable card Donna. Glad you got a night out with the hubby.

Pam said...

What a cute little piggy! I love his big pink ears and snout! Darling card.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Karen Dunbrook said...

giggle...I love this, thanks for the big smile it gave me!
Karen

Cicci said...

So sweet
So beutiful Done this is a A wonderful creation !!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at
Through The Craft Room Door
this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Hugs Cicci
DT member at TTCRD

Cicci With The Pen {My Blog}

Loose Stitches said...

How adorable Donna, I love that little piggy!
Sherry x

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

I love the colors you used on PigWit! A great card! Thanks so much for joining us at FTHS for the SOTM challenge!

Basslady said...

lol...so funny and sweet!

thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenges!

Hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi

Glenda Atkins said...

Way, way too cute. Isn't that a grand fun image! I love your version!
hugs
Glenda

Tip Top said...

Great use of the Stamp of the Month at From The Heart Stamps! Hope to see you again next month!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...