Thursday, February 16, 2017

Baby It's Cold Again

Happy Thursday! Our weather cannot make up it's mind. One day it's 60 degrees and the next day we are back in the 20s. This is the first year in a very long time that Tom and I have both had colds. Usually we get through the winter without getting sick. Maybe it's because we have more exposure to our daughter and SIL who always seem to be sick or the twins who catch it from them. Either way, the weather isn't helping with that.
So since we are back to the deep freeze I thought of Christmas and decided that I need to work more on that so I get a head start.


I used the I {Heart} Sketches with a Twist challenge as inspiration for this card. Their twist is "snowy day" so I used one of Faith's little snowman as my image.
The embossed background is the Argyle EF. The snowflake paper is from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles (a scrap from my box). The image is colored with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut with MFT Stitched Circles. The Merry Christmas die cut is also cut from a scrap from my box from the Paper Smooches die. I added some Doodle Twine and some paper mache hearts to finish off the card.
I am entering these challenges:

My day started out very early since I had an appointment at 8 am but it motivated me to get moving today. So I've gotten several things done including dinner cooked this morning as I have to watch the twins at 3:30 pm this afternoon. So I am hoping to get some crafty time in before I have to go. Have a wonderful day!

Donna

12 comments:

Doris Klein said...

Aaaaaaaawwww, this is so cute! I love the Background and the sweet Image. That's a really lovely creation. I would be very glad if you show it on my new challenge blog Do-Al(l) Kreatives.

Hugs
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*DT* Die Sketchtanten

MaryH said...

Donna, I'm behind too! I hope you're feeling a lot better with the colds. We're having similar weather patterns, and some whistling wind off & on. I love your interpretation of the layout design, and awesome folder. The bright colors are just happy for Christmas too! TFS & Hugs. Happy wkend.

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, your card is just adorable. That's just the perfect image for that sketch. Really like the die cut sentiment.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. Thanks also for entering our CCAYR February challenge too, Hazel, DT x

Pam said...

That is pretty much how it is here, up and down, up and down.
Your card is so cute. I love the little snowman and the blue embossed background.
Stay warm and feel better.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Donna, the image is adorable and I love the colors and layout, the whole design is adorable 😍❤

Hope you're both feeling better soon xx

Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge 🎄
Luv
Lols x x x

sweet art designs said...

What a fun card. Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut’s Christmas Challenge Extra - Myrna DT. Also check out Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - a weekly “themed” Christmas Challenge & Craftyhazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge - a monthly Patterned Paper Challenge

Notes by Nina said...

So cute, Thanks for joining us for Merry Monday.

Planetsusie said...

Super card Donna, I love that image - what a cutie! Beautiful sketch you've used to work to as well. Thank you so much for entering the CCAYR (Use pink and/or red plus a heart) Challenge this month, lots of luck to you. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

Jo said...

What a cute start to your christmas card collection... absolutely lovely :)
Thank you so much for entering our sketch challenge at FTHS.
Jo xx

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a double twist - hope to see you again next time!

Lori said...

This is such a cute card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CCAYR! -Lori DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...