Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Whoo's Birthday?

I've lost track of my days this week. Maybe that's why I had to ask this question on my card. Just a quick post before I head over to babysit this afternoon and evening.


I like this bright colorful card despite the black card stock base. The image is from QKR Stampede. I colored the owl image with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut the image with MFT Cross Stitch Ovals. The sentiment is from the closed Paper Makeup Stamps store. I got a bunch of cute little sentiments like these that I've never used. I stamped the sentiment on white card stock and then colored the paper with CT2 SN marker to match the stars in the image. The background blue paper for the sentiment is from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. The yellow polka dotted paper is from Rocllections Basics paper pack.  I added the ric rac border. To finish off the image I used Glossy Accents on the owl's spectacles, Baby Blue Stickles on the owl's hat and Diamond Stickles on the stars. So lots of sparkle close up. I used the Tuesday Morning Sketch for this week as inspiration.

I am entering these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. Happy hump day and hope the rest of your week is awesome! Our temperatures continue to be mild but we are supposed to have a big change by the weekend. So sad! I'm looking forward to spring.

Donna



14 comments:

Sherri said...

Darling card! Love your coloring and that background paper is just perfect! How cute! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Fabulous card Donna! Beautiful coloring and I love the sentiment...perfect with this image! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Brenda DT

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, your card is just adorable. That image is perfect for this layout.

Lia said...

You made a fab card!
Lia, DT S4F

Debbie said...

So cute! I love this image... it's how I feel most mornings! :P
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Pam said...

Very cute card Donna! I love the colors and layout and that image and sentiment are darling!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

K M Meena Herale said...

Beautiful carrd.
Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena S4F DT

Janice M said...

What a fun image. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Glenda Atkins said...

Love this QKR image and your wonderful take on that sketch. Just a darling card Donna!
hugs
Glenda

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

LOL so cute. Love the image
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Snowflakes and Lilies said...

Such a sweet card. Thanks for sharing at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges and hope to see you again. Good luck.

- Khushboo Gandhi, DT

My blog: http://snowflakesandlilies.blogspot.in

Inspiration Destination, DT
Craft Your Passion, DT
Crafting With An Attitude, DT
Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges, DT
Simply Create Too, DT
Get Creative, DT
Angie’s Digital Stamps, DT
A Bit More Time To Craft, DT

Gayatri said...

Adorable card. Love all the details. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

nocne życie said...

Hi,
beautiful work, I like your colors and digi is sensational.
Thank you for taking part in the challenge on Scrapping4funChallenge
Agnieszka DT

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...