Friday, February 24, 2017

Christmas Stocking

Seems as though I have Christmas on my mind. Actually I am clearing images off my desk that I printed and colored and never used. So today I have another quick and easy Christmas card made from scraps laying around my desk.


The image is from Beccy's Place and the image must be retired as I couldn't find it on the web site. (Edit: this image is actually a freebie on Beccy's blog. Beccy is so generous. Check out a ton of freebies on her blog.)  I used the sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday with a twist of sweet thoughts.

The designer paper is Echo Park Season's Greetings paper and the sentiment is from Holiday Sentiments by Creative Vision. I embossed the sentiment with fine black embossing powder.
I am entering these challenges:

That's my quick card for today. We are expecting severe storms this evening as a cold front pushes through. We were in the 70s today (in February. oh my!) and tomorrow we are hardly supposed to get above freezing. But it's just supposed to be cold for the weekend and then back to the 50s for next week. More yo-yo weather. Hope your weekend is relaxing and warm!

Donna

5 comments:

Beccy said...

What a fabulous Christmas card Donna, I love all the gorgeous shades of red you incorporated. The panel of patterned paper in the background is wonderful... I love those snowflakes! I also love the way you did the sentiment in two parts, either side of the image. Great job!
Cheers,
Beccy
P.S. The image you used is actually a freebie from my blog.

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, you did a great take on that sketch. Your card is just adorable.

Glenda Atkins said...

Lovely card Donna and a great take on the sketch, love that stocking!
hugs
Glenda

Pam said...

Wonderful Christmas card Donna! The reds look awesome, the little stocking really stands out!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful Christmas card. You are going to love having all of these cards next December.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...