Thursday, December 17, 2015

Happy Howl-i-days

The weekend is approaching once again and I am really late tonight. Past my bedtime almost. But I wanted to get this card up.

This image and sentiment is the stamp of the month set from Imagine That! stamps called Happy Howlidays. Every year I make a dog card for a special dog and send it to her owners. They get such a big kick out of the cards I send for the dog. I used the pre-colored image from the set and then embellished the background with some additional clouds and Diamond Stickles on the snow beneath the dog. I also used Wink of Stella pen on the bows. I framed the sentiment after die cutting it with Spellbinders ATC Cards and then sponged with Salty Ocean distress ink. And the final element is the paw print. I die cut it from Paper Smooches Paw Print die. The little heart comes in the die se too and I added it and covered it with glossy accents. The background paper is embossed with the snowflake embossing folder. I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches for inspiration.


I am entering these challenges:
My bed is calling me. Tomorrow is my last day of work for the year. Next week will be busy with prep for the holidays, which I haven't started yet. Oh man, why do I do this every year? Have an awesome Friday and thanks for stopping by.

Donna



9 comments:

Stef H said...

too cute, and i love the swinging snowman too.
do you like the Wink of Stella's? i'm just an old copic and SU marker girl. heck, i spend too much on dies that i rarely use. resolution for 2016.... if i can't pay cash... not buying it.

a few cold days here and then back to mild. i'll take it.... anytime!

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable card Donna, Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Pam said...

This is so cute, that cute little pup getting a bone in the mail for Christmas. I love that you added the cloudy background and the glittery snow on the mailbox and of course I love the embossed snowflake layer!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

This is so cute!! Very fun card!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Denice said...

Such a precious image and design, the paw is my favorite part! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at TTCRD this week, good luck! Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Denice - TTCRD DT

Melissa Craig said...

This a perfect Christmas card for a dog lover! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Caryn said...

What an adorable Christmas card - love it!.
Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Kristine said...

Beautiful job creating the blue sky & clouds!! Love that. And your sketch is cute too with the big paw emblem. Great card :) Thanks for playing at Imagine That! Digi Challenge. Hope to see you in our new challenges in 2016!
Cheers,
Kris

Deanne Saunders said...

So sweet!!! Thanks so much for participating in our Imagine That! Digis by Kris challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our coloring challenge!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...