Saturday, December 19, 2015

Elephant Birthday

Happy Saturday! WaHoo I am on vacation until the New Year. I am looking forward to crafty time when the family is not around. I cleaned my desk off this afternoon in anticipation of getting busy. I still have some gifts to make for Christmas so I'm going to be pushing it for the next few days. Today I have a birthday card. I saw this technique on Jennifer McGuire's blog. It's called partial die cutting.


I had a tough time photographing this card. I had to clip it at the bottom so the top panel would stay down. Then the sequins didn't photograph very well either but I love the partial die cutting. After I partial die cut the elephants from the WPLUS9 set Unforgettable, I lined up the stamps on my MISTI and stamped all three at the same time. I colored them in with Copics. His toenails are colored pink so I added the pink as a background and as a frame. I had some stray black ink marks and didn't want to start over so I strategically placed some sequins to cover the marks. I was really pleased the way it turned out.
I am entering these challenges:

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. One of our sons is driving in today so we'll get to spend some time together. Thanks for stopping by. 

Donna

10 comments:

Pam said...

This is so cute! I love the sweet little elephants and the pink sparkly sequins! Enjoy your time creating!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Gibmiss said...

Hello
Fabulous card ... Love the Elephants🐘.....
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends this week
Hugs Sylvie xx

fiona mctiernan walker said...

Hi Donna I love your make the elephants are so cute. Thank you for entering it in our challenge this week at Digi Choosday.
Good luck
Fiona GDT x

Stef H said...

O.M.G. i LOVE this! it's just toooo cute and i love the colors!

hugs :)

JoAnn said...

This is so adorable. I love the way you partially cut those cute elephants. Your coloring is fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Caryn said...

What an adorable card - love it!.
Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Nancy said...

This is really cute...I will have to try that technique out myself! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday and enjoy your vacation!

What I Created Next said...

Triple cuteness. Lovely colours. Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Anything Goes challenge (DT)

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Crafty Friends & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Happy New Year,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Come and Get It)

(DT Crafty Friends)

Laurie HIMCR said...

Adorable card! Love those elephants! Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

Hiding in My Craft Room
~Laurie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...