Monday, December 28, 2015

Another Year Older

It's terrible weather outside; cold and rainy so it was a great day to craft inside in the warm glow of our wood-burning stove. I did run to the grocery store this morning to pick up a few things but otherwise stayed inside and was generally lazy. We can't complain. Our weather has been rather mild compared to some areas of the country. I am praying for all those who are in the line of these storms and hoping that you my friends are all safe and secure!
Since the new year is approaching I wanted to get a start on birthday cards for 2016. I always need them faster than I can make them. I am off work this week so there is no time like the present to get a good start. Today I am using From the Heart Stamps.


This is Birthday Candle Birdbrain.  I colored him with a mixture of Bic and Copic markers. The sentiment is also from the same stamp set and die cut from vellum with MFT Fishtail Flag Stax. The image was die cut from Spellbinder's Picot Edge Circles and inked with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.The background is a scrap from my scrap box and backed with purple card stock that matches the purple of the numbers. The vellum is glued under the self-adhesive gems and affixed with the metal star at the other end. I used the sketch from i {heart} card sketches with a twist. I didn't use the twist of distressed edges.
I am entering these challenges:

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are weathering the storms without incident. Be safe and enjoy crafting. Make it an awesome week.

Donna

10 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just darling! I feel so bad for people that have birthdays at the end of the year- I think they so often get lost in the holiday of Christmas and New Years! I have a SIL that celebrates at this time, we always try to make it special Hoping you had a wonderful Christmas and that 2016 will bring many blessings to you and your family!

Hannelie said...

That's how I feel about birthdays nowadays!
Love your card Donna!
Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday!

Pam said...

This is really cute! Our weather here has been so weird. I believe they said it was the warmest Christmas on record for this area. It is supposed to get cold this Friday. My craft room is on the lower level of the house so it stays cool down here. I am trying to get some crafting done before it gets cold. I made some Valentine and Easter tags and I have some baby shoes to make for my new Granddaughter. Her Daddy just got appointed Judge. She needs a certain pair of shoes to go with her outfit for the, I guess it is a swearing in ceremony. We are so proud of him!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Imke said...

FUN card, Donna ! I think the DP fit´s perfectly for a Birthday Card.

Thanks for entering our Birthday Challenge and also our Sketch Challenge with a tWiSt # 132 @ From the Heart Stamps !

Deanne Saunders said...

Oh how cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our STAMPING BOUTIQUE challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you were able to use the nasty weather to your advantage and relax with some crafting. This is such a cheery birthday card! Love the color combination and the fun way the image piece goes off the side of the card.

Jo said...

A beautifully made, fun, colourful birthday card... LOVE IT!
Thank you so much for joining in the fun at From The Heart Stamps... Happy New Year!
Jo xx

shirley-bee said...

What a fun image! Love the numbered background paper too. Thanks for playing at Seize The Birthday :)

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

Doni High said...

Cute card! Birdbrain seems to be really sweating turning another year older! :) Thanks for joining us at FTHS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...