Saturday, March 27, 2021

Warm Holiday Wishes

Happy Saturday! Today was the most gorgeous spring day here. Temps reached the 70s. I turned over a part of our garden this afternoon and put my little plants out on the porch for the day. I now have zucchini, butternut squash, tomatoes, and marigolds sprouting. I also have planted jalapenos, spaghetti squash, red peppers, and basil, but they haven't sprouted yet. We've already planted onions and radishes in the garden. But I need to get some cards done before the end of the month, so I tried unsuccessfully this afternoon to get something done. Finally finished one card.


I used a retired set from Gina K called Winter Foliage. It's one of my favorite sets. I used MFT Green Elf ink for the needles. For the pine cones I inked MFT Latte first and then "rock and rolled" Memento Rich Cocoa ink. Afterward, I used Prisma Color pencils to add more shading to the pine cones. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamps Big Holiday Wishes. I added the front to a red card stock base. I am entering these challenges:
We have the twins tomorrow. I wish it would be a day like today so we could run outside a lot. But it's supposed to rain tomorrow. I am hoping it will pass through overnight and be not so bad tomorrow. Hope you are having a sunshiny weekend. Take care! Stay safe. Peace and all good!

Donna


11 comments:

Lori m said...

Have a wonderful weekend with the twins Dona, beautiful card, hugs, Lori m

Pam said...

Lovely card Donna. I love pinecones and they are perfect for a Christmas card!
Sounds like you've been very busy! We are itching to get our deck garden started!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Jenny L said...

Hi Donna,
Happy Rudolf Days.
I love your card and your wonderful stamped design.
That stamp is fantastic.
Great use of the pencils on the colouring too.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Heather said...

So lovely, Donna - love all the white space you left, and pretty pine needles are my fave Christmas greenery! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Donna.

Sue xx

Suze said...

Lovely card Donna. I like the soft look of the image.
You sound as though you are going to have an absolutely wonderful garden. It will certainly keep you busy along with all the other things you do.
I hope the weather co-operates for you while you have the twins. It is steady rain here today so I think winter is definitely on it's way!

Lynne said...

A super card and lovely design. Thank you for joining in at Sparkles Christmas. Lynne DT

Debbie said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card. Lovely stamping and perfect for our Clean and Simple theme. Thanks for joining in with us at Sparkles Christmas. Good luck. Hugs Debs DT x

Anonymous said...

oh, the pinecones and greenery are so realistic! lovely images and layout that really pop with the red mat around the card. thank you so much for playing along with us at the March Rudolph Days Challenge.
Linda, DT

scrappymo! said...

Your stamping looks so pretty and the colouring looks good too.
Pretty design!

Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge.

Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...