Thursday, March 25, 2021

Starry Sympathy

 One of our neighbor's father passed away. He wasn't able to go to his funeral because of the pandemic so I made him a card in hopes of him realizing that someone cared.


I love that starry paper. The combination of the teal and gold really make it shine. I decided to go with the black card stock base because it makes the color pop. I used Spellbinder's Chevron Border die to die cut the starry paper. The sentiment, from Folded Paper and Printed Pixels (the site didn't come up),  is difficult to read so I'll print it for you:
Perhaps they are not the stars,
But rather openings in Heaven,
Where the love of our lost ones pour through
And shines down upon us
To let us know they are happy.
I die cut the sentiment with Gina Marie Designs Wonky Stitched Ovals. I backed the die cut with gold paper. I carried the star theme into the inside of the card too. I am entering these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. It's been busy. Volunteered at both Opportunity House and Teacher's Warehouse. One big project that I've been working on at OH is coming to an end (I hope) so I am hoping for more craft time. I spent a lot of time at home working on that project. Stay safe. Peace and all good!

Donna


11 comments:

Suze said...

Sympathy cards are always hard to make but you have done a wonderful job on this one. I'm sure your neighbour appreciated it.
Great to see you are well enough now to go back to all your regular activities.

Lori m said...

Oh Donna your card is beautiful your neighbor will appreciate this. I'm so sorry for his loss, hugs, Lori m

Carol W said...

Love this card Donna.

Billie A said...

Nice sympathy card. They card be hard to make. So glad you shared over at Crafty Sentiments.

Pam said...

This is lovely Donna! I love the sentiment. How sad, it's heartbreaking to lose a loved on but not to be able to attend the funeral would be so hard.
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewwgranny.blogspot.com

samantha's cards said...

What a darling Christmas card, thanks for playing along with us at THAIC.

samantha's cards said...

What a fun take on the sketch, thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

Bhavya Raghavendra said...

Lovely card Donna! clever use of chevron layers for the sketch.
Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches! Hugs

Joy Wilson said...

Wonderful design! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge.  Please join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
JoyWilsonInk
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

YoonYoung Kim said...

What a nice use of the chevron die cut in this card! So pretty!! Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.

candio said...

Nice sympathy card and love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...