Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Wishing You a Meow-y Christmas

Here we are at Christmas eve. I've been missing from my blog for a while but not missing from crafting. I didn't take pictures of everything that I've been up to but I did photo opp a few of them. I finished 4 sets of cards last night to give as gifts. Those I did not take pictures of. But I did take some pictures that I will share over the next few days. Our immediate family had Christmas last Friday as one of my sons was visiting, so our Christmas has already taken place. We will travel later today to be with Tom's family tonight and tomorrow and we'll head back home on Thursday. So as a way to say "Merry Christmas" to you all I thought I would share one of the gift card holders I made.


I used this Beccy's Place Three Tenors set earlier in November on a card that I sent to my son and his wife. My DIL texted me and said she thought the card was adorable and kept looking for what company made it. Then she saw my tag on the back. Since she enjoyed the card so much I thought I'd use this set again.The background paper is from American Craft and the sentiment is computer-generated. I backed the layers with black card stock. The image and sentiment is die cut with MFT Cross Stitch Ovals.


This is the closure that is glued underneath the front of the card and winds around to the back. The card is rather bulky, that's why it needed the closure.


And here is the reason for the bulk. The gift card part of the card. I found the pop up gift card tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers and wanted to try it. All the papers are from American Craft.This was a fun project!
I am entering these challenges:

Tomorrow is Christmas; something we crafters have been preparing for for quite some time. I probably won't be online much as the twins will be joining us this year for a fun-filled Christmas day with 8 children under the age of 8. It will be quite the houseful. I want to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas season. May all the blessing that the Baby Jesus can bestow be given to you all. Have a blessed Christmas day!

Donna

7 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Donna! Your kitty card is so cute! Lovehe pop-up inside! Merry Christimas and safe travels!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

What a cite Card!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Merry Christmas ! LJ - TMS Design Team

Debbie said...

Adorable card!! This image is so fun!
Happy New Year!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Beccy said...

I always make gift card or money holders for my nieces and nephews Donna, and this is one I'm adding to my list! I love it! How fabulous to have the pop-up section on the inside of the card. I really like how the holder comes up out of the box. The paper you chose is awesome... you can't get much more festive than that!
Cheers,
Beccy

KT Fit Kitty said...

It's me again, Donna! I am so happy to see that you joined us over at Tuesday Morning Sketches for our Annual Anything Goes challenge! Thank you for participating, and Happy New Year!

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna this is gorgeous and love your idea. Thanks for joining in the TMS Anything Goes Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Majda said...

What a fun card, love how you put it all together.
Thank you for joining the Scrapping4fun.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
Majda DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...