Monday, November 15, 2021

Christmas Lights

 You may have noticed by now that I am not doing Beccy's Month of Holiday Cards challenge in order. Since my crafting time is limited these days I am going with whatever strikes me when I have time. The image I used today has always been one of my favorite because it reminds me of my childhood.


Some people have gorgeous Christmas trees with all white lights but I grew up with lots of color. We once had a tree that blinked on and off in all kinds of colors. So I've always preferred lots of color at Christmas time. The twins learned their colors by Christmas tree bulbs. LOL! So my bulbs are a rainbow of colors. The image is from Wendy Made. I got it as a free stamp years ago and I haven't been able to find the source again. If you know I'd love to give credit for it. The sentiment was part of the original image. I altered the image and removed the sentiment to get the top row of lights. The coloring was done with Spectrum Noir markers and then I coated each bulb with Dimensional Magic to give it texture and shine. I die cut the white panel with MFT A2 Stitched die from Blueprints 13 (retired).  A fairly simple card but it looks really nice in real life! I am entering these challenges:
Tomorrow we meet with another builder to discuss the new house. We'd love to finalize the plans so we are ready to begin building in the spring. I do hope this one shows up. We haven't had great luck with that so far. Thanks for stopping by. Have a super day! Stay safe. Peace and all good!

Donna


7 comments:

Carol W said...

Hi Donna, what a great card. I love the bulb images they look like you could pick them off the paper and put them right on the tree.

Beccy said...

What a lovely way for the twins to learn their colours, I do hope it's a memory they will keep Donna. We also had LOTS of colour at our house when I was growing up, including tinsel and flashing lights!
I love the card you created, it's wonderfully colourful but also a nice CAS design. Great idea to add the dimensional magic for a shiny finish.
Cheers,
Beccy

Lori m said...

Beautiful card Donna, I like you grew up with lots of colored tree lights and I carry on with the theme.
Wishing you luck on the contractor/builder showing up, hugs, Lori m

designbydonna said...

Great card. Those bulbs look translucent, like they are really glowing. I grew up with all the colored lights too. But as an adult, I have changed that up from all red to multi color, to all white. To none at all recently.LOL! Our kids live at a distance so we usually travel for the holidays. I just don't bother with getting all the decorations out anymore.

Sheryl said...

Donna this is such a great use of the image.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

AndreaNorris said...

Oh I would have never thought to use and image like this :) Thank you for joining us at CRAFt challenge this week
Andrea x

Ela said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at Penny's paper challenge. Hugs Ela DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...