Friday, November 19, 2021

Blue Poinsettia for Alex

 I guess this a second "P" card for me since I am using an image that Beccy from Beccy's Place made for my grandson Alex. You can read the message and get the free image here. Thank you Beccy for honoring Alex with this lovely image!


The image is pre-colored and fussy cut. I used two different sizes of the image. I CASED a card that Beccy posted as Inspiration for the letter "O". I loved that design from Beccy so I used the card for the design of this card. The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday Christ is Born. I used a scrap of some blue glitter paper and also some dotted paper from my stash. The card base is also blue. I love using color markers to create a frame. The ric rac is from my stash. To finish off I used Diamond Stickles on the tips of the poinsettia leaves and centers. Alex was born November 21 and was with us for only 4 hours. The blue poinsettia is my symbol for him. Thank you Beccy!
I am entering these challenges:
Lots of things going on this weekend. I hope I find some time to craft. Can't believe that Thanksgiving is this next week. I am thankful that I only have to bring a vegetable dish for dinner. We drove out to our other property today to show a couple our mobile home. We've advertised it for free to anyone who will move it to make way for the new house. The trick will be getting it down the steep slope of our driveway. Anyway, thanks for stopping by! Stay safe Peace and all good!

Donna


6 comments:

Bunny said...

A beautiful card and a nice tribute to your grandson. Beccy is very generous.

Beccy said...

Thank you for sharing the story with us Donna, I know you touched many hearts. Your card is a beautiful tribute to your grandson, and if you choose to send it to his parents, I'm sure they'll sincerely appreciate the loving gesture.
Cheers,
Beccy xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your card is beautiful, Donna! I love that you honour Alexander with the blue poinsettia each Christmas. Beccy is a blessing, isn't she? Hope you are able to have your mobile home removed so you can proceed with your new house. Surely someone will take you up on that generous offer.

Suzanne H said...

You made a beautiful card with this image. A lovely remembrance of your grandson. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Kelly Schelske said...

What a great card Donna, love the blues!


Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts! Good luck!

NanaConnie said...

Donna, I saw this gorgeous blue poinsettia when you posted it over at Beccy's but hadn't gotten over here to comment on it. However, now I've arrived here with a DT hat on my head and I want to say: Thanks so much for playing along with us in our "Anything Goes" challenge at QKR Stampede this fortnight. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...