Sunday, November 21, 2021

Be Mine

 Happy Sunday! We had the twins all day yesterday. As always they are a delight to have around. But we thought it was Sunday all day yesterday because that's the usual day that we have them. Arthur was washing his hands and reciting the Russian alphabet and Valerie was reading me a book with multi-syllable words in it. They just blow me away how smart they are at 5 years old. Mt cards today are for Valentine's Day!


I used precolored images from Beccy's Place Wild Abut You digital stamp set. I searched but didn't find it in the list. It's one of my all-time favorite sets. The sentiment is also from that set. I could get 2 sets of images on one sheet so I decided to just make 2 cards. I die cut the panels with MFT Inside & Out Stitched Rounded Squares (retired). I used a corner rounder to also round the corners of the red base card stock. And to add my glitter, I used Star Dust Stickles. I outlined the hearts and the sentiment.
I am entering these challenges:
This week is Thanksgiving Week here in the U.S. It's definitely a busy one for us. Tomorrow, Tom and I are running a chipper that the neighborhood rented to get rid of branches and invasive plants that neighbors have taken out of their yards. Many people have these lined up at the curb and we'll be shredding them all day tomorrow. Neighbors will help drag the limbs to the chipper; but it's full days job. Tuesday we are meeting a builder to tour a house that he's currently building so we can get an idea of the quality of his work. And after that we'll be driving to Tom's Dad's house to spend some time with the family for Thanksgiving. I am grateful that I am only responsible for a vegetable dish and not the entire meal. Friday is our annual "Girls' Day Out" where all the girls in the family go out for lunch and then "shop". Tom and I will drive home after Girls' Day Out. So I hope to find time to craft Saturday as Sunday we'll have the twins again. Makes me tired just thinking about it! For all my American friends I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for all my blog visitors and crafty friends. Please stay safe! I wish you peace and all good!

Donna


6 comments:

Beccy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Donna, it certainly sounds like a busy week! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with your family though, especially the littlies.
Your Valentine's Day cards are lovely, I like the rounded squares and stitching. The stickles adds a nice, glittery touch too.
Cheers,
Beccy

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Lovely cards Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blog
My Blog As I do Rodos

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh these are super cute Donna!

Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts! Good luck!

Lori m said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Beautiful cards Donna, I can see why it's one of your favorites. Enjoy the time with the family and your lunch and shopping, hugs, Lori m

designbydonna said...

These are fun Vlentine cards. I have always loved those little candy hearts with messages. I think the messages are a lot different now than when we were kids

KT Fit Kitty said...

So cute, Donna! I used to love those conversation hearts candy when I was a kid! My goodness, I get tired just reading about everything you do! You are a ball of energy! What a blessing you are to your neighbours! Happy Thanksgiving!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...