Saturday, June 6, 2020

Happy Anniversary

Just one more quick card before we take the weekend off at Baby Creek. It's going to be a hot one around here. In the 90s this weekend. And no rain in sight. It's gotten very dry and watering the garden has been a daily task. My card today is for an anniversary.


I think black and white is so elegant, don;t you. My iris images are from Beary Wishes and was a freebie some time ago. The butterfly was from the same set. I die cut the diamond shapes with Gina Marie Designs Diamonds (retired) using two dies to create a frame.  The background paper is a scrap from my scrap box. The sentiment is from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings and inked with Versa Fine Onyx Black ink. All the elements on the card with the exception of the diamonds are popped up with foam tape. I backed with black card stock. I am entering these challenges:
We'll be away for a few days but before I go I'll tell you a little humorous story. We had the twins all day yesterday. And we've been trying to get them to wash their hands often. They've taken quite well to that and every time I say "wash your hands" they run to the bathroom. I had also started singing "Happy Birthday" while washing and we sing it twice before we turn the water off. Yesterday I was washing with Arthur and I started singing a different song. He looked up and me and said "Happy birthday Grammy." So we sang that instead and he was a happy camper. He's such a cutie pie! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Hugs,
Donna

11 comments:

Andrea W said...

Your card is lovely! The pop of purple really catch the eye and I like how you positioned the sentiment. So glad you joined us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Dawn Frost said...

Hi Donna, love your card! I added inlinkz to Catch the Bug's anything goes challenge would you be able to add it please. I'm new to inlinkz and don't know how to add your card, sorry! Thanks for joining the challenge, good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT

cass said...

Wonderful design. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

Margreet said...

Love this elegant card.
Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches and at Catch the Bug with the AG Challenge.
xxx Margreet DT

Hetty said...

Such a beautiful background, Donna and such
a great anniversary card.

Debbie said...

Love this! It's a beautiful and elegant card!
I bet the twins are keeping you busy but are so fun, too!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Melissa Craig said...

Oooh this is a great card! Love that paper. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Lori m said...

Beautiful card, great diamond design, enjoy the weekend, hugs, Lori m

Wendy L said...

I love your design, thank you for joining us at the Crafty Friends challenge, xxxx

Jo Nevill said...

Thank you for joining our DT call over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge ! Good luck 🍀

Dawn Frost said...

Love your card! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's anything goes challenge, hope to see you again! Sorry for the late comment, Dawn Bugaboo DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...