Wednesday, September 9, 2020

When Life Gives You Lemons

 It's mid-week already. The beginning of the week we spent out at Baby Creek doing finish work on the barn roof and clearing shrubs and invasive plants out of part of our property. Although we had long pants and long sleeves, the bugs managed to bite me in lots of places. Last night I spent 3 hours up trying to stop the itch. I think I've found a few things to help and hopefully will have a better night's sleep tonight. If not, maybe I'll just come down and make more cards. Here's a card that I finished this evening.


The image is from Bugaboo Stamps called Frame It - JJ - Life Gives You Lemons. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers and fussy cut it out. The background yellow paper is stamped with a lemon stamp from a very old Stampin' Up set called Sun Ripened with embossing ink to give it a very subtle effect. The orange paper with the lemon slices came from a stash given to me from Teacher's Warehouse. I used black card stock to make the bright colors pop. It really hard to see but the blue ribbon and the blue that I colored the dress come from the orange lemon paper. There are some small blue dots in the paper. This card is headed for my SIL for her birthday. She buys lots of lemons for their drinks so I thought this would be appropriate. I am entering these challenges:
With not much sleep last night I think I'm going to head to bed early this evening. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are well and safe from fires, weather and Covid. Stay safe and God bless!

Donna


2 comments:

Stef H said...

all your cards are fabulous!!! i'm so sorry to hear about your brother.
i bet the twins are getting big too!
my grandson is 6 1/2 and is into little kids rodeos. he has his own horse - Honey - and he's been riding like a champ. he did his 1st rodeo a few weeks ago. no not bucking but prancing the horse around big barrels and how stately the prancing is and how quick. he loves it. he's excellent at caring for the horse & keeping her stall clean. definitely a farm kid!
all is good with me. i stay home with a few errands to the local store and sunday church. otherwise, everything is online. i did my 1st walmart pickup and boy! was it great. my health has been good THANK YOU LORD.
i need a new furnace. sure... spend that $$$ right before the holidays. but hey! with all the crap going on today who knows what the holidays will be like.
stay well, stay safe. you are in my prayers.

oh, i just signed up to be on STAMPLORATIONS design team.... after sooooooooo many years. we'll see if i'm accepted! if not, i'm good with that too.

hugs

Judy McKay said...

Lovely card. Great card. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Judy McKay DT TTCRD In Search of My Creative Side

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...