Tuesday, September 1, 2020

September Challenge Ready to Roll

 Welcome to September (OMG!) and a new challenge at 12 Months of Christmas Link Up. As always our challenge is always anything goes but we love to add a little twist if you are up for a challenge. This one is so easy: say it with a sentiment. Our sponsor this week is the challenge hostess: Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. Lisa creates a new paper pack every month. This month she has added some sentiment kits as a prize. Christmas is getting closer (I think someone said 115 days away?) You know you should start your Christmas cards, right? LOL! Here is my card for this month's challenge:


So the image and sentiment I used is actually a freebie on Lisa Decosse's blog. There are actually 2 freebies in this blog post and both of them are super. So I printed the image and sentiment and then die cut it with MFT Blueprints 13 (retired) A2 stitched die. The bottom pleated section uses the curtain-fold technique with one of Lisa's new papers for this month: Sentimentally Christmas Patterned Paper Mini Kit.
 
My card base is red card stock and I used some yellow card stock from my scrap bin as backing and a strip across the front. The red and white twine is from Lawn Fawn. I sure hope you will join us at 12 Months of Christmas Link Up this month. I'd love to visit your blog and see what you've created!
I am entering these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. I've been working on more thank you cards for Teacher's Warehouse. Since they really want very simple thank you cards I am concentrating on using up some of my stash and hardly making a dent so far. In August I made 87 cards in 22 hours. My hours count toward the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program in my county. So I'll go back to that this week and start my September stash of cards for them. I hope you are staying safe and God bless!

Donna




3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great and fun card- love your image and the pleated DP too!
I have been making DTGD cards like a mad woman...lol sorry to be MIA from commenting!

Catie Cuddles said...

Love the pleated paper. Very cool.

Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog.

Happy crafting!

Catherine x DT

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love how you've used the script paper.

Thanks for joining us at the Christmas Crafts All Year Round Challenge.

Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...