Monday, July 20, 2020

Bugaboo Christmas in July

This week is the fun yearly Christmas in July challenge at Catch the Bug. Life has been happening around here so I am getting a late start on this challenge, but I was able to get 2 cards done this afternoon and evening. So here's what I did.


This card is from Day 1 of the Christmas in July challenge. The theme is Santa's workshop. All Santa's helpers are helping to pack the sleigh for the big trip! The Bugaboo image is Scene It - Santa and Friends. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers and added some sparkle with Recollections glitter. The oval is die cut with Gina Marie Designs Wonky Stitched Ovals (just the outside oval). I used two different background papers from my scrap box and the red with snowflakes is a scrap of ribbon from my ribbon box. I backed the layers with black card stock. The base of the card is greeb card stock. The sentiment is from Newtons Nook All Aboard for Christmas stamps and die cut with Spellbinders Circles Large. I am entering these challenges:

Day 2 of the Christmas in July challenge was a sketch challenge

My card features one of my favorite Bug images: Santa Claus Peeker.

I colored Santa with Spectrum Noir markers and added some Recollection glitter on Santa's hat and coat, and even a few sparkles on his beard. I die cut the image with Spellbinder's Lattice Rectangles and backed it with a scarp f patterned paper. I used two other patterned papers from my scrap box for the background. I added a ribbon with gold sparkles on from my ribbon box. The sentiment is from a retired Flourishes stamp set. To finish off I added some gem stones. I am entering these challenges:
That's it for me today. Just a quick update on my brother. Rick is still in ICU on a ventilator. He isn't getting better very quickly. Please keep  him in your prayers. Thanks! Have a super week and stay safe!

Donna

13 comments:

Bonnie Lynn said...

Both of your cards are wonderful. Thanks for playing along at Catch The Bug Christmas In July challenges. Bonnie GDT

Fabiola said...

elle est si fun cette carte Donna, ces couleurs fun et classiques et ce coquin de père noël qui nous dit coucou, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Suzanne H said...

Both cards are great! I love the patterned paper you've used for both, so vibrant and cheerful.

Billie A said...

So cute. Great take on the sketch and using the peeking Santa. So glad you shared over at Catch the bug Christmas in July. Your other card is so cute. Great colors.

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute card, love it!

Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts for our Furry Friends challenge! Good luck!

Lisa xx said...

This is so sweet, and the "Delightful Digi" makes it perfect for our theme!

Thank you for joining in with the Cuties xx

Netta said...

adorable image! I recognized right away where it came from and I had not seen that one. very cute card! good luck at 52cct

Shelly Schmidt said...

Two fun and adorable cards! Love your coloring on both of them too! Glad to see you joining in the CIJ fun and now you will have more cards to add to your Christmas stash! Thanks so much for joining in the Bugaboo/Christmas in July challenge!

Julie Odil said...

Such cute cards! I'm so happy you are playing along this week at Catch the Bug for our Christmas in July Challenge. I hope you are having fun, and good luck! Julie, Bugaboo Stamps DT

Pattie G said...

What a cute image! I love your coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Pattie
Artist & Owner

Marie Bingaman said...

Great cards for Days 1 and 2 of Bugaboo's CIJ event...I love the bright colors! Thanks for joining us, and I send prayers for your brother!

~Marie B -DT

OlgaB said...

Such fun projects!
Thank you for joining in the fun in our Christmas in July at Catch the Bug!
Hugs from Africa!
OlgaB

Shona Hamill said...

Great card, thanks for sharing with the Cutie Pies, good luck. Shona xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...