Thursday, April 16, 2020

Spring Card Camp Day 3

I am a little further behind in my class than Id like but we had the twins yesterday. Typical 3 year olds; they are into everything. They open all the drawers to see what's in them. And Valerie loves anything small and shiny so he loves my jewelry. It's on my list to clean my jewelry out soon but she seems to be helping me out. LOL! Arthur loves to climb so it's not unusual to find him on my sink trying to get a banana or orange. In other words there isn't a minute to spare when they are around. I did manage to finish off my cards for Day 3 before they got here.


The technique for today is kind of like paper piecing. I stamped Penny Black's Allover Pattern background. Then you fussy cut pieces and adhere them to the base. The video showed how you could create a scene but I just went for a pattern on my cards. I went through my scrap box and pulled out color pieces that were big enough for the background stamp. I realize now that I could have used smaller pieces but this worked.and I have lots of leftovers to make more cards.


On this card I went for spring colors and created a pattern with the pieces I cut. (This is time consuming for sure.) After I had my pattern glued into place I used a stsiched die from MFT Blueprints 13 (retired) to die cut my paper to fit an A2 card. The center seemed the perfect place for a big sentiment so I stamped another background on white and then fully cut it to match the opening. (That was a challenge!) Then I flipped it over so I could use the side without the pattern and stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Big Birthday Wishes. To finish it off I added the candle and flame from the same stamp set and popped it up off the card.


Beccy from Beccy's Place is challenging us to get more organized in the month of April and so earlier this month I catalogued all my stamps and dies into a spreadsheet on my computer. I found dies I didn't even know that I owned. This adorable Lawn Fawn and Simon Says stamp set called Merry Christmouse was a set I won put away and never used. So I needed to give it some love. Some of my scraps were read and green so I decided to make a Christmas card with this set. The base was green and I use red and white scraps to fill in the pattern. I again die cut the background with MFT Blueprints 13 stitched die. Then I stamped colored and die cut the images to embellish the card. The little pieces are popped off the background with foam tape. The sentiment is die cut with MFT Stitched Ovals. I love this!
Like I said I have lots of leftovers to make more cards. Some evening when we are watching TV I'll fussy cut more of these out to use later. I am entering these challenges:
Birthday Card
Christmas Card
Off to get some lunch for my DH who is outside with a rented stump grinder. All the brush/trees we pulled out for the elderly neighbor needed more clean up. And we had another large tree that we removed last fall. So he is grinding up the stumps so they can grown grass and mow over those areas. No good deed goes unnoticed. I managed to get poison ivy from all that brush removal. Can't say that I remember seeing any in the mix but I guess there was. It's not too bad; just on my right arm so far. Thanks for stopping by. Be safe and stay well! 

Donna

8 comments:

Heather said...

What a fun background paper - so many ways to add color! Love your little mice - that cheese tree is awesome! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Darnell said...

I love these great cards, Donna! It's a bit like working on a puzzle which is fun! Love the colors and how you used your snippets! I also loved to hear you talk about the twins! Oh, boy, did it ever bring back memories of Adam and Henry at 3 years old! They were like rocket engines blasting off in two different directions at the same time! Although, then again, it could be worse when they put their heads together to come up with trouble, lol! I'm so sorry to hear about your poison ivy. We say the phrase as "no good deed goes unpunished," which certainly fits you, poor thing! Thank you for sharing at NBUS! Take care and stay safe! Hugs, Darnell

Sheryl said...

Great cards Donna. I love the bright cheerful colours - we all need cheering up at the minute.
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl
TTCRD DT
Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

Indy's Designs said...

Fabulous use of the sentiment being the focus! Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Hugs,
Debbie

Lori Kobular said...

Both of your cards are so sweet! I love the mice on your second card! Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenges!

Tammy said...

Beautiful cards and what an awesome background, I love the cute mice on your Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas.
Tammy x

Suze said...

Cute christmas card. Thank you for joining in the Snowman, Snowwoman, Snow Family Challenge at CHNC. Apologies for the late comment.

Helen said...

What a great background technique and cute images too.

Thanks for sharing with us at the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...