Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Spring Card Camp Day 2

Still chilly and windy today. I hope the wind dies down tomorrow and maybe warm up a little bit. We have the twins all day tomorrow. But today I worked on Day 2 of my class. It went better than the first day at least.

Day 2 was all about making 2 cards at one time using a big stamp set that goes across both cards. I used a Penny Black background stamp called Floral Thread. I used several distress oxide inks to stamp the image. If I have a criticism of either of my cards it the ink transitions. I need more practice with that. The sentiment is from Simon Says Flower Friend (retired). I added some hearts from Simon Says Prayers stamp set and added Glossy Accents to them. To finish off I added some faux stitching with black markers and a T-ruler. The card base is white card stock and my layering is red card stock.
Now for card #2. I used the same same Penny Black background stamp.

The sentiment for this card is from Jillibean Soup Flower Bloom. The flowers and leaves are from the same set. I also used a black marker and T-ruler on this card also. Card base is white card stock and the layering is pink (to match the Picked Raspberry DOI). The middle of the flowers have Rock Candy Stickles. I found another stamp set that I think would be fun to try this technique with. I hope I can find time later.
I am entering these challenges:

That's it for me tonight. I worked some on Day 3 today so maybe I'll have that for you tomorrow. Be safe. Stay healthy! 

Donna

8 comments:

Lori m said...

Gorgeous cards Donna, love the pretty colors and that big stamp is beautiful, hope your winds are gone now, hugs, Lori m

Pam said...

Lovely, lacy and colorful! Both cards are beautiful!
Stay safe!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Lynda said...

Lovely cards Donna - and I like the dramatic effect the colours give - I like that they aren't too blended together either. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda DT

Diane Louise J said...

Hello... Thanks for entering your lovely card into our ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Marie Bingaman said...

Super bright and colorful, which is definitely perfect for our Spring Fling challenge at Catch the Bug. Thanks for joining us, and good luck! 😊

~Marie B -DT

Cazro said...

A very pretty card. Thanks for joining us Alphabet Challenges.Caz. DT.

Basslady said...

a fabulous card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Crafty Friends.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Kreativtanten)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...