Thursday, March 12, 2020

Faith, Hope, and Love

Good evening my friends! I am watching all the mounting information about the Corona Virus and hoping and praying that family and friends are spared from this awful disease. As we prepare for my FIL's 90th birthday party this weekend I worry about family and friends that will be attending the event. I hate that everyone is thinking about the virus when it should be such a a joyous occasion. Please know that my prayers are with you all for a healthy future. My card tonight was inspired by a card made by Shelly. I loved the image she used and then found the image in my stash so I had to make a card with it.

The image is from Bugaboo Stamps called Beautiful Blocks Faith. I colored the image with PrismaColor pencils. The green background is embossed with the Victoria embossing folder. The sympathy sentiment, heat embossed in white embossing powder from the Stampabilities Card Phrases stamp set.  To finish it off I used two of the strips from my personal challenge (you can read about that here). I hadn't thought to make this a sympathy card when I started but it just kind of evolved into one. Happy to say I don't need to send this to anyone right now. I am entering these challenges.:

I won;t be around this weekend. We are headed home tomorrow to celebrate my FIL's 90th birthday. Most of the family will be home for the event. Thank you for stopping by. Hope you are staying safe and healthy! 

Donna

12 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna your card is gorgeous. Love the image and your wonderful strips. Great embossing for the sentiment. Everyone just has to use good hand washing and not come if they are sick. Now for my other roles....thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug and the Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenges, Lisa Lynn DT.

Lori m said...

Beautiful card Donna, Happy 90th Birthday to your FIL and enjoy the party, prayers for all of you for healthy, hugs, Lori m

Margreet said...

Beautiful, stylish card.
Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug's AG challenge.
xxx Margreet DT

Jean said...

Wonderful card thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create x

* Shell B.* said...

Simply Wonderful card, great take on the sketch!!
So glad you shared with us at 613 Avenue Create for the challenge! Good Luck!

¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Hugs DT~Shell 💕

Jackie C said...

Always sad to send a sympathy card, but you have made this so beautifully!
So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Please come back again!
The best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Patti said...

You and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers of lots of joy and health surrounding celebrating your FIL!! Your card is really pretty and vibrant - lovely! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Andrea W said...

The color combination you used is lovely! Glad you played along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Melissa Craig said...

Beautiful card. Happy birthday to your FIL. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hi, Donna, so sorry for the late comment! I haven't been crafting lately as I lost my mojo for a while! I think it's back now - Yay! Your slimline card is gorgeous! Way to go on keeping up with your personal challenge - I recognized those flowers right away! I'm always happy to see you playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches - thank you for your support! I hope your FIL's party went well, such a scary time in the world right now. Sending hugs your way.

* Shell B.* said...

Beautiful tall & skinny card, wonderfully created and colored !!
So glad you shared with us at 613 Avenue Create for the challenge! Good luck!

¸ • ..)) -: |:.-•. • ')) * ((¸¸ •.' .. • "
Hugs ~ DT Shell 💕

Karen Dunbrook said...

very pretty...
Thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge.
:) Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...