Saturday, March 21, 2020

Having a Little Fun

I feel like this is really our first day of quarantine, as we were gone for my FIL's birthday and then had the twins yesterday. So far so good but there's a lot more to come. I started a list of things I could do around the house and cards that I'd like to make. I have a list of every day things to do like laundry, exercise, and dishes and then a longer list of one time activities. It was much colder today but if it warms up some I'll go out for walks. I did get one card done today.


This was an image for The Outlaw birthday celebration. I may have already missed the deadline but I decided to use it anyway. The penguin was colored with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut with MFT Stitched Ovals. The background of the oval is lots of clouds that I made using MFT Mini Cloud Edge stencil and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink. I used a white gel pen to add some accents to the balloons. The frame is from MFT Blueprints 32 using green card stock. The sentiment is from Doodle Pantry (no longer in business) and die cut with Quickcutz Tags. I inked the tag with Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink. The ribbon is from my stash, which I reorganized when I had the regular flu in February. So glad I did that because I cleaned out stuff I will never use and found some really fun ribbon that I didn't know I had. The really fun, multi-colored background paper is from Papers by Lozzy and the set is called Fun. I die cut the paper with a stitched die from MFT Blueprints 13. To finish off I added some bling to the frame; self-adhesive rhinestones. I also added wiggly eyes on the penguin. I am entering these challenges:

I am about to call it a day! We found out today that we have an IU student who has tested positive for the corona virus. I hate listening to the news because there isn't any good news and there doesn't look like we will get back to normal anytime soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Stay safe, wash your hands, and stay healthy!

Virtual Hugs,
Donna

7 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Super cute card, Donna, and I absolutely love your background paper! Looks like you made it yourself! Will be adding this one to my wish list! Good for you for making yourself a to-do list - looks like we're all going to have lots of time to work at our to-do lists for the foreseeable future. Stay safe and stay healthy.

Lori m said...

Adorable card, stay safe and stay warm, we did have some sunshine yesterday and today the same, it's brutal cold here, good crafting day.
Hugs, Lori m

jimlynn said...

Super cute card and I'm loving all that blue. Cute image too!
Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.
Stay safe and healthy.
Lynn

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cute card. Thank you for joining the Feeling Sketchy challenge, A Bit More Time to Craft and A Bit More Time to Craft extra. Hope to see you again next time.

Hanne said...

Lovely card. Love the colors and your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.

MA-MI said...

Very cute card. Thank you for joining the Feeling Sketchy challenge. I hope you will join us again with our last sketch.

Tina Z. said...

super cute.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...