Sunday, March 22, 2020

Lifting You Up

I was thinking that I want to send more encouraging cards out since our lives are so uncertain these days. I also thought about beefing up my get well cards too, just in case. But today I went with encouragement.

The sentiment is obviously my focal point and it's from Create with TLC. I created the background with Neat and Tangled Geometric Blooms stencil and distress oxide inks: Seedless Preserves, Salty Ocean, Lucky Clover, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade and Candied Apple. The butterfly ribbon is from my stash. To finish off I added a 3-dimensional butterfly sticker. Layers are backed with black to make the colors pop. I am entering these challenges:
I know just who I will be sending this card too. Many of my family are in the at risk category. So far I don't know anyone who actually has the virus and I hope it stays that way. But I also want to be ready with some cards just in case. Praying for all of you and your families that the virus stays away. Thanks for stopping by today God bless!

Donna


11 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hi, Donna! Your card is beautiful! You did an amazing job on the stencilled background, and the sentiment is so encouraging. I am happy you liked our sketch! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches! We appreciate your support and hope you'll be back again!

Melissa Craig said...

Love this card! The rainbow background is so pretty! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Patti said...

I will be praying for you too Donna and also that you don’t need any get well cards only encouragement!! This would certainly cheer somebody it has such a happy feeling to it! Thank you so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna this is beautiful in the rainbow design. And it's great to have more encouragement and for a get well. And for my other role...thanks for joining in the Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenges, Lisa Lynn DT.

Lori m said...

Beautifully colored, very thoughtful idea...so many folks can use a pretty card to make them smile now.
Hugs, Lori m

Stef H said...

fabulous card. we definitely need encouragement with all the doom & gloom out there. hope all is well with you. things good here. i'm well stocked and healthy. i thing my dog is more bored then i am.... tho i'm pretty bored. however, this has definitely strengthened my faith. GOD WILL PULL US THRU.

hugs & prayers to you my friend.

Pam said...

Bright, cheerful and encouraging, just what we all need right now!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Linda Mc Enery said...

This is so very beautiful and a lovely idea. Beautiful colour and uplifting sentiment. Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny's! Be safe!
Linda

Shirley-Anne said...

Yes I think that the sentiment deserves the focal point of this beautiful card Love the bright cheery colours too . thanks for sharing and joining in the anything goes challenge from TTCRD https://ttcrd.blogspot.com/
Good luck with your entry and please share again soon
Shirley-Anne DT
https://shirley-anne-stampingforjoy.blogspot.com/

Dawn said...

A beautiful card & a lovely sentiment!
Thanks for playing at QKR Stampede this week!
Good Luck,
Crafty Hugs
Dawn xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am so LOVING this cool card- pretty colors and love the stenciled background!!! Beautifully done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...