Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Birthday Love

We are headed for some wintry weather tomorrow. We are right on the edge of snow and rain which usually means we'll get ice. Yuk! We volunteer at Head Start tomorrow morning so we'll see how that goes.
One of my personal goals for the year is to try to use up images,die cuts, and other things that I have in a box near my desk. I could probably make cards for the rest of the year with just what's in that box. So to get me started on this goal, I found 13 of these  strips with a floral image. I have no idea where I got these strips from.


So my personal challenge for the next week or two is to use these up on cards. I may make more than one of the cards if I really like the design. So I may have 13 different cards or I may decide to make duplicates. So my first card using this image is below.


So the other flower in the die cut circle is a free image from Beccy's Place:Clematis. I used the pre-colored image. The image and sentiment are die cut with MFT Stitched Circles. Then I distressed the die cuts with Mowed Lawn distress ink. The blue backing card stock is a scrap from my scrap bin and matches the card base. The doily was sitting on my desk from another project. The polka dot paper is also from my scrap bin. The sentiment is from Jak Heath. I am entering these challenges.

Not looking forward to the nasty weather coming in. I don't think we've seen the sun since we've been home from vacation. Send me back to Florida please! I'll leave you with some pictures of the twins I took over the weekend. 
Arthur with their new toy from Opportunity House. Valerie liked it as much as he did.

Valerie having fun at WonderLab with one of the bubble activities.
Thanks for stopping by today. Hope your week is off to an amazing start!

Donna

6 comments:

Lori m said...

Adorable photos, gosh they are getting so big, stay warm and safe, the storm is headed my way this afternoon, burrr, hugs, Lori m

Pam said...

I love everything about your beautiful card! The colors, polka dots,lace doily, sentiment and that beautiful strip of blue flowers!
Adorable photos of Valerie! They are growing up so fast! Ruby said a little boy in Pre-K asked her to marry him. She said they are not getting married now but when they grow up, they are just dating!!! LOL!
Hugs
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Beccy said...

Oh my goodness, your grandbabies are growing up so fast Donna. They look like they're having a wonderful time with the toys and activities too.

I love the idea of using up the die cuts and images you have in your storage box, it's a great goal to have. You'll feel so accomplished when you can see the bottom too. The floral strips you're starting with are really pretty, I love the colour and design. The card you made has turned out beautifully, the colour combination is fabulous. Good luck with your challenge Donna!
Cheers,
Beccy

KT Fit Kitty said...

OMGoodness, your grand-twins are so adorable! They must be such a joy for you! Your card is gorgeous - what an awesome job you did with that sketch! I was going to use this sketch but haven't got my act together yet! Time is ticking! Love your gorgeous colours!

Kuni said...

Your card is wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

Your card is wonderful
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampers
Hugs Anja

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...