Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sweet 'N Sassy Challenges

Last night was the release party for the new clear stamps being released by Sweet 'n Sassy over in the SNR Forum. Great fun with games and challenges. So I've been working on the challenges. I want to share them with you tonight.

Challenge #1 was to create a project with wings. I used the Bloomin' Beautiful stamp set from Stampin' Up! which  has bees with wings! Imagine that! I also tried  a single layer card. I don't use single layers very often.

I used Gina K 120 lb deluxe card stock. It's perfect for single layer cards because Copics won't soak through the card stock.

For Challenge #2 you needed to use a red flower somewhere on the project.
I used the Sweet 'n Sassy digi image of Cocoa with Lilacs. Okay lilacs are supposed to be purple, I know. But I made them red this time. The background paper is Basic Grey. I cut the image out with Nestabilities and backed it with a Spellbinders Shapeability. I added ribbon on the corners for some embellishment.

The Third Challenge was too use an adorable animal. Introducing Turtle with Balloons which was a party favor for attending the release party last night.

 The base of the card is dark green. I embossed one side of the base with the Diamond Plate Pattern embossing folder. Both patterned papers are Basic Grey Origins. I tied a little ribbon for an embellishment. I colored the image with Sharpie markers and sponged the background colors. The image was cut from an oval Nestability. The sentiment is from Elegant Flowers by Gina K and cut from a circle Nestability and then trimmed to fir the corner of the card.

I hope you enjoyed my challenge cards. I've never made so many cards in one night. But it was fun. Thanks for stopping today. Enjoy the down side to your week.

Inky hugs,
Donna

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Your challenge cards are fabulous, Donna! Each and every one is an inspiration! I'm so happy you could play along with our release party challenges. It was great chatting with you, and I'll look forward to the next time!

Hugs,
Lorie

Lilacanglia said...

all are absolutely gorgeous,
hugs
Angie

Bev T. said...

your cards are wonderful -- three cards in one night is impressive!!!

sassyb07 said...

all of them are wonderful Donna!
hugs, Valerie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...