Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

.... in June. Well, not really but the challenge at Stamp TV was to make a white Christmas card. Yes, I know it's June. Gina is giving us a head start on Christmas and I love the idea. Even though I started early last year I found in December that I still didn't have enough cards. So I think this is a must challenge for me.


The challenge was to make a "mostly" white Christmas card. You could have one accent color. I chose a very light purple. I just wanted enough to give the white a contrast. The card base is Gina K 80 lb. pure luxury card stock and the embossed background is also. I embossed with the ornament collection embossing folder. The sentiment is from Very Merry Christmas by Theresa Momber and I cut it out with an oval Nestability. The ribbon is from the Ribbon Boutique and I tied a triple-loop bow for an accent.
There are lots of ways to get started on Christmas. Check out Christmas Cards All Year 'Round. They get you thinking about Christmas so that you are prepared. I am entering my card into their Design Team Call. I'd love to design Christmas cards and be part of their challenges. I hope you'll check them out.

Thanks for stopping by. Blessing on this Tuesday and wishes for a wonderful Wednesday. See you soon.

6 comments:

Lorie said...

So pretty Donna...I love the background!

ChristineCreations said...

There's just something about white Christmas cards that so classicaly elegant! Beautiful embossing!

Bev T. said...

Beautiful card -- I read an article in a magazine that said get started now and make a Christmas card a day and by the time December rolls around you will have plenty of cards -- great idea but not going to happen here!!!!!!

Bella Design Digi Stamp Studio said...

Hi Donna,
This is a lovely card! So crisp and certainly does make me think of Christmas!
I wanted to pop in and say hello neighbor, I am in Bloomfield! *waving* If you ever want to get together and make cards or something let me know!

~Daphne

Sue said...

Beautiful Card! I love the touch of lavender!
Also wanted to thank you for visiting the DRS Designs blog - Good luck in the contest!

sassyb07 said...

brilliant Donna, love the light purple contrast.
hugs, Valerie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...