Monday, June 14, 2010

Fun in the Sun

Happy Monday! My blogging will be very sporadic for the next few weeks. I'm getting ready for Girl Scout day camp which will be next week. Since I'm working with programming for the week there is lots to do.  When I get some pictures of the crafts were doing with the girls I'll post them. Today I'm showing you a pic of a card for the Shabby Tea Room challenge: Fun in the Sun!

I've used an image and sentiment from Gina K's new stamp TV kit called Enjoy the Sunshine. I used my Scor-Pal to create the background paper and used sandpaper to bring out the paper core. I cut out the the image and sentiment with a rectangular Nestabilities. I sponged the background of the image. The image is colored with water color pencils and OMS. I embellished with ribbon and self-adhesive rhinestones. Check out the challenge this week at the Shabby Tea Room and have some fun in the sun (or with the sun, your choice).

Thanks for stopping by today. I'll be back when I can but I'm going to be sporadic. Hope you have a great week.

Donna

12 comments:

Debbie said...

So pretty ... I {heart} the sentiment! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week :)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is wonderful! I love the sailboat and your coloring is terrific. Thanks so much for visiting the DRS Designs blog!

Leslie Miller said...

I love how you colored the sails and made the sun! Very nice!

sassyb07 said...

awesome card Donna, your colors are great
hugs, Valerie

Audrey Pettit said...

Adorable card! That stamped image is just perfect for a summertime theme and I love the embossed background. Super coloring job, too. thanks so much for playing along with us in the Tea Room.

Deb Hickman said...

Love the little sail boat,so cute.

Karin said...

Great summer card! Thanks for visiting us at the DRS Designs blog again!

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Very nice card!! Great layout and coloring on the image. Thanks for stopping by the DRS Designs blog to enter our giveaway!

jonim52 said...

Love the way you did the sun!

Carolyn King said...

LOVE this Donna. Love how you did the sun! Beautiful card!

Bev T. said...

What a beautiful card - hope Girl Scout camp is going well!!

jonim52 said...

Love the way you colored the sailboat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...