Monday, June 7, 2010

Pretty in Blue and Yellow

Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful start to your week! I got a chance to create a card this evening so my day has been good.

I made this card using Flourishes A Year of Flowers Stamp Set 3 for their challenge Sunshine and Blue Skies. I used the sketch challenge from Card Patterns #67. The card base is a golden yellow card stock. I used a flower Impressability to emboss the blue Post-it cards stock and then sanded the embossing to bring out the core. I added yellow dotted ribbon and a small bow tied with the Bow Easy and then added a golden yellow button to the bow and at the opposite corner of the card. The corner punch reads "happy birthday!" from Melanie Muenchinger's A Charmed Life. The image is the October flower the chrysanthemum. I paper pieced the flowers and popped up several of the flowers in the image.


This is the inside of the card. I used another piece of Post-it card stock with the Impressability and sanded down. I used the circle Nestability for the sentiment and lightly sponged the background.

This card is for the two challenge I mentioned:
Thanks for stopping by. Hope your week is wonderful!

Inky hugs,
 

    6 comments:

    Bev T. said...

    Love your card -- I bought some of the Post-It paper but have not tried it yet -- after seeing how well it turned out on your card I am going to give it a try!!!

    dstandard said...

    Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

    sassyb07 said...

    really great card Donna!
    I've had company all weekend, they left today! so no cards, LOL and now I'm all tuckered out so no cards tonight either!!
    hugs, Valerie

    whoistracy said...

    So cute Donna! I love these colors together.

    ChristineCreations said...

    This is so pretty! I love the popped up extra blooms you've added.

    Julie Koerber said...

    Oh Donna, this is just lovely! That layout is fabulous too! Thanks so much for playing with us over at Flourishes!!!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...