Thursday, March 16, 2017

A Season to be Jolly

Since it's been so cold this week I decided it was time for a Christmas card. I'm not surprised that spring break has been pretty frosty around here, since our winter has been so mild. We're going to be in the 40s the next few days and then a day of 50 and 60 before we head back down again. Mother Nature just can't make up her mind.


I used the Stella Sketch as inspiration for the design of this card. The image is from Bugaboo stamps called Christmas Kidz 01. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers and added Diamond Stickles to the Santa suit. The image is die cut with MFT Stitched Circles and backed with Spellbinders Scalloped Circles cut from green card stock. The designer paper is scraps from my Christmas paper; both from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. There is glitter ribbon behind the image. The three gifts are from Doodle Pantry (sadly no longer in business) and the sentiment is from Flourishes Christmas Music (retired). I used a Wink of Stella pen on the gifts that are popped up from the card.
I am entering these challenges:

I am off to finish dinner before the kids get here. Then we'll watch the twins this evening. Last night I sang the song Bingo to Valerie and she just giggled and giggled. It was such a fun evening. They are such easy going babies. And they love their bathtime! I think they would both rather be naked than have cothes on. Wait until they are 2 or 3 and can figure out how to get them all off. I think they will be little streakers. LOL! Have a wonderful day!

Donna

7 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Great card! I loved the wee sparkle I saw on the fur trim on your image. That is an really sweet image too.
The sparkly ribbon adds that extra little pizzas too!

Lisa Lynn said...

That image is just so adorable and your card is just so cute.

Pam said...

Adorable Christmas card. I love the cute elf image and the twirly trees!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Julie B said...

Great use of the sketch and such a cute image.
Thanks for linking up at ATSM. :)

Min said...

Just adorable - love the Christmas theme!!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Bugaboo Stamps/Catch The Bug Blog Stella Says Sketch challenge! We hope you'll join us again for our newest sketch challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min - Bugaboo Stamps DT

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 324 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for March - I'd love to see it there too x

Susan Powell said...

Super cute card! Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...