Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Timeless Classic

Wow! It's Wednesday already. The weeks just fly by. I have another masculine birthday card today. I needed a card for my FIL's birthday this month. I'm not sure why I don;t make masculine birthday cards ahead of time but I usually have girly borthday cards but not ones for the guys.


My FIL owns a tractor that's in the vinatge of the 1940s. So I thought this silhouette of a tractor (Graphics Fairy) would bring a smile to his face. I colored in the scenery with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut the image with MFT Cross Stitch Ovals backed with dark blue card stock. I inked the edge with fired brick distress ink.The background plaid is from my scrap box and it was die cut with an MFT Blueprints 3 die. The sentiment, from Create with TLC, is punched with an EK Success tag punch and inked with fired brick distress ink as well. I used washi tape in the top right hand corner of the card and brads for embellishments. I used the Die Cuttin Diva's sketch this week for inspiration.

I am entering these challenges:

That's it for me today. I hope your week is going well. We are on the down side of the week anyway. We have bright sunshine today but rather windy. But the daffodils are blooming so I hope we don;t get a nasty frost. Take care!

Donna

14 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this card- great sketch! Hubby and Mom grew up on farms- nothing like a cool vintage tractor : ) Awesome!

Lisa Lynn said...

That is a great vintage image and will be perfect for your FIL. I'm with you on the not having enough masculine birthday cards in my stash and I'm trying to be better about it. I think there are many more female related challenges too so that doesn't help our cause.

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful vintage card.
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Glenda Atkins said...

You have a knack for masculine cards and this is another wonderful one. Fabulous vintage tractor image, I bet your FIL will love it!
hugs
Glenda

Unknown said...

Great card! Love your take on our sketch!! Thank's for joining us at Die Cuttin Diva's this week!!

CA Scrapper said...

Your card is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Leslie

L.B. said...

Like how you flipped the sketch a little for this cute card. Thanks for playing with us at Die Cuttin' Divas

Esther said...

Love the vintage feel and such a great masculine card!
Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

Anonymous said...

That's really cute. I'm sure he'll love it, and pretty cool that he owns a vintage tractor! I bet it still works.

I have very few masculine cards ready ahead of time, too. I also wonder why they're so hard to make. I wonder if male card makers struggle with them? . . .

Anyhoo -- Thanks for using our card sketch as inspiration for your card this week!

Evelyn, Die Cuttin' Diva team

Andreja said...

This card is soo gorgeous :-))
Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4Fun ... Hugs, Andreja

Vicki Dutcher said...

Looks like a perfect card for your FIL - fun touch of washi too. Thanks for joining in at STB~

Theresa said...

great male card. loving that image and super interpretation of sketch, hugs xx

chanya13 said...

This card is lovely and perfect for our challenge! Sweet image. Thanks so much for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges. Hugs Agnieszka

Desire Fourie said...

Donna this is also perfect for our 8th ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...