Thursday, March 2, 2017

Masculine Birthday

Just a quick post. I am working on March birthdays. The first time I ever addressed envelopes and got everything ready ahead of time. I decided to get all the March birthday cards ready to go. I had all but two cards ready and both of those were masculine cards that I needed. So here is the first of my masculine birthday cards. This one is for my BIL who worked for Amtrak all his life. I decided he needed a train card.

I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches for inspiration. I had a tough time picking out a background but I thought the flourishes kind of looked like the smoke coming out of the train smoke stack. I found this in my scrap box. I colored the image, the vintage train at Create with TLC, with Spectrum Noir markers and Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn distress inks. I die cut the image with Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitch Rectangles. I created a railroad track in the background using gray card stock and embossing kraft card stock with the Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes Embossing Folder. The railroad crossing sign I found on the Internet and used it as an embellishment along with the enamel dots used on the image panel.
I am entering these challenges:
Had the twins tonight so their parents could grocery shop. I realize I haven't posted pictures lately so I'll have to get some up soon. Have a wonderful Friday!

Donna



6 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Oh my that is great with the track and all - I'm sure your BIL will love it and appreciate it.

Debbie said...

Awesome card!! I love every element of it!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Pam said...

What a great masculine card! Great image and I love the train track!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Melissa Craig said...

Very cool! I love that you used the diagonal piece as a train track. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

JoAnn said...

Great masculine card. Sounds like the train card is perfect for your BIL. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Glenda Atkins said...

Your comments made me smile as I too have worked on March cards and I am finally ahead of the game. At least for March. The sketch is lovely and your take on it is wonderful. A great card for a guy who was in the business.
Hugs
Glenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...