Friday, March 31, 2017

Wish You a Merry Christmas

Happy last day of March. Can you believe it? And it's not quite April Fool's Day yet but I have a Christmas card for you, no foolin'.


I wanted to play along with a couple of challenges before the month ran out and I really am down to the last minute here. Shortly I have to leave to watch the tiwns so here goes with a quick run down. The sentiment is from Birds Cards and I paired it with Scribbles Designs. The image is colored with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut with Spellbinders Tear Drop Circles, then inked with Fired Brick and Mowed Lawn distress ink. I tied a Doodle Twine bow in the tear drop holes. I then made the little embellishment in the bottom right corner. I started with the snowflake, colored it with CG2 Spectrum Noir marker and Spectrum Noir shimmer pen, added the red gem inthe center and then added white gel pen dots. I used The Outlawz Wednesday sketch for inspiration.
I am entering these challenges:

I am off to watch the twins. Thanks for stopping by today. Tomorrow I have three posts for 3 different design teams. Don't forget to stop back and check them out. No foolin'. Happy weekend!

Donna

9 comments:

Darnell said...

No foolin', Donna, your candy cane card is a classic! I love that beautiful circular die! I can just imagine how much fun you are having with those twins!! Hugs, Darnell

Colleen said...

Donna, love your design and awesome candy cane with the circle sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Heather said...

Cute! I love circle sentiments, and this one looks fabulous with that candy cane image. I really like how you tied the bit of twine around the cutouts of that circle die.Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, your card is just beautiful and that's no April Fools. I wanted to get more Christmas cards done this past month, but I just wasn't feeling it. You are much more dedicated.

Unknown said...

I love the circle die, it looks like a doily. The candy cane is classic!

Jean said...

Oh loving this xmas card. Loving the image and the die you have used, great little snow flake.
Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT for our Create Your Own embellishment.
Jean xxx

Marcia Hill said...

What a sweet card Donna! LOVE that circular die you used...I think I have that and have never used it...sigh! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Karen L K said...

What a nice card! I like that circle die and how you inked it. It's nice to see a candy cane on a card and a green snowflake.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful! I LOVE that circular sentiment! So FUN! Thanks for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...