Tuesday, March 21, 2017

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Over at the Imagine That! Creative Playground we are taking a walk down memory lane to celebrate Imagine That! Digis by Kris' 4th birthday! Over the years, Kris has drawn amazing digis and it's been such fun to be part of the team. Thanks to Kris for the wonderful digis and asking me to be part of her team. So for the next two days there will be four posts to celebrate Imagine Thats! 4th birthday. Each of the design team is sharing their first post when they joined the team and then designed a project with one of their favorite stamp sets designed by Kris. I haven't been with the team very long. I joined the team after being a guest designer last year so my first post was in July 2016. At that time my daughter was pregnant with twins and she wanted to have a reveal party. So my first project was using some of the Imagine That Digis by Kris baby stamp sets to make a centerpiece for the party.

The twins actually turned out to be a boy and a girl but at the time I didn't know for sure. So I made little favor boxes to resemble baby bottles and then filled them with Hershey Kisses. The big question mark was for the gender and names that were revealed at the party. I used these Imagine That stamp sets to create this centerpiece.



The card that I created for the birthday celebration uses one of my favorites stamp sets called Teacup Pansies. Lisa asked us to tell why this was our favorite set. Here's what I wrote: Growing up in Ohio, my mother always grew plants. We ate fresh vegetables and enjoyed flowers all spring, summer, and fall. My mother's favorite flowers were pansies because she used to tell me they had such sweet faces, always smiling at you. Whenever I see pansies I think of her and her sweet face that I miss so much. Kris drew such beautiful pansies and with this set I have created more cards than any other stamp set that I have. I love to color it or use the gorgeous pre-colored image too.


I will be sending this card to my daughter (the mother of the twins) for Mother's Day. I colored the image with colored pencils and shaded to give the image dimension. I die cut the image with MFT Inside and Out Stitched Rounded Squares and inked the edges with Seedless Preserves distress ink. The base card and backing card stock is dark purple. The sentiment is from the same stamp set. I die cut it with MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags and used Shaded Lilac distress ink to ink the flag. The background hearts designer paper is from the Sweet Pastel Digi Paper set. The other designer paper is from the Knit Sweater Digital papers.




Happy 4th birthday to Kris and Imagine That Digital Stamps. I hope you will stop by the Creative Playground and check out the design team projects. Comment on the four birthday shares to win your favorite set of Imagine That! stamps.

I am entering these challenges:
Hope you have an awesome week! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope it's brought a smile!

Donna



9 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, your card is adorable and I'm sure your daughter will love it. That is such a special reason for making the card with this set.

Karen said...

Love the spring colorful bouquet. Thanks for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door

TaeEun said...

I love the layout and the beautiful pansy image is colored to perfection! Your previous projects for the centerpiece are awesome, too! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

Sandy said...

Pretty card and lovely sentiment! Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
-Sandy, DT

Viv said...

Such a pretty card Donna. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

CupcakeInspirations said...

Oh those flowers are so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Macarena said...

Lovely image and prety coloring. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Dotstolines said...

Gorgeous Card! Thank you for entering our ATG challenge at TTCRD. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge and good luck!
Regards,
Sunila & Aditi
Dots to Lines

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...