Thursday, November 23, 2017

V is for Vintage

Happy Thanksgiving! I am headed out the door for Thanksgiving dinner. My brussel sprouts and squash casserole is ready to go. I wanted to quickly post my V card.


This card was a real thought process. I started thinking days ago about my V card. I was having a tough time coming up with anything. In talking with my DH he suggested vino. And I had a design in mind with wine. But in the middle of the night I woke up and into my mind popped Virgin Mary. So as I was perusing my files, I ran into several images that had vintage Santas. So I changed my mind again and this card was born. Several days ago Beccy posted a tutorial for coloring on pre-colored images, so I tried that with this image and I really liked the way it turned out. The image is from Create with TLC. The sentiment is from Bird's Cards. The kraft card stock is embossed with the Holly Swirls embossing folder. The plaid paper is my favorite from American Craft. The border punch is from Martha Stewart. The embellishment is from Beccy's Place called Holly Branch. I inked the edges of the image with tea dye distress ink for a more vintage look. I am entering these challenges:
Time to go. Dinner calls. Hope you have a wonderful celebration and a relaxing weekend.

Donna


13 comments:

Beccy said...

Your thought process definitely paid off Donna, your card is wonderful. I love the vintage style image, it reminds me of the little books we read in first and second grade... many years ago! The simple sentiment is lovely and I like the embossing in the background. Great job.
Cheers,
Beccy

Glenda Atkins said...

Happy Thanksgiving Donna, your casserole sounds so yummy! Nice thinking on the V card, vintage certainly matches your fab Santa. Way to go!
hugs
Glenda

Glenda Atkins said...

Love this U Fold card, thanks for leaving a link to the tutorial. I must try it. Love your Santa too.
hugs
Glenda

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, your vintage card is beautiful. Love that Santa!

Marcia Hill said...

Great Santa image Donna...love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday! :0)

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna your card is gorgeous. Love the image. Hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

JD/ Jill said...

Hope you had a very nice Thanksgiving. I really like the Victorian feel to this card! Very nicely done!

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely vintage design. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Great vintage Santa image and pretty layers! Thanks for playing Merry Monday with us!

PJ said...

Perfect Vintage Christmas card.. Love the images.

Lori Turner said...

Pretty card with a wonderful Santa image - thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week xoxoxo

Pam said...

I love vintage look cards and I love your sweet card!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Desire Fourie said...

Donna this is also beautifully crafted and perfect for our 16th ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...