Saturday, November 18, 2017

Stars in the Heavens

Good morning and happy Saturday! The twins will be coming today for a visit and to see their great grandfather who is visiting with us this weekend. He loves to watch what they do. I'll have to start thinking of meals so I know what I am going to feed them. They are good eaters and like everything so it really isn't difficult.
Yesterday, Beccy through us a curve, took a break from the alphabet and gave us a great sketch to work with. If you've visited my blog often you know that I love to use sketches when designing cards. So I may have to use this one more than once.


I turned the sketch and used an oval instead of the circle but I'm sure you will recognize the sketch in my design. This also shouted "lots of layers" at me so I used lots of layers. LOL!


So I guess you can see that stars were my theme for this one. I found the sentiment that I wanted first and then I decided on the image and it just snowballed from there. The image is Nativity from Beccy's Place. The star DP is from this month's Decosse's Dynamite Doodles Starry Sky paper. The blue strip is embossed with the Tiny Stars embossing folder from the Paper Studio. And I added three sequin stars for embellishments. The sentiment is from Create with TLC and I added some gold glitter glue to some of the stars. Each layer is backed with blue paper from my scrap box. The blue embossed paper is a left over from my daughter's wedding invitations. I colored the nativity image with Copic markers. 
I am entering these challenges:

Make it a wonderful weekend! The time is flying by and this week is our Thanksgiving. We'll be traveling so it will make it difficult to craft. Fortunately, our Thanksgiving comes earlier in the month this year so it will give me time to play catch up when I get back home. Enjoy your day!

Hugs,

Donna

    6 comments:

    Hazel said...

    Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    Beccy said...

    I love your card Donna, the blue is so pretty. You did a wonderful job interpreting the sketch, I like the oval you used in place of the circle, it works well with the rest of your design. The stars in the background and as embellishments on the side, look great and match perfectly with your sentiment.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    Lisa Lynn said...

    Donna, your card is gorgeous. You are really put out the wonderful Christmas cards with that wonderful challenge.

    Trimgym said...

    Lovely creation, thank you for joining our challenge at CRAFT Challenge this week
    Jo

    Brenda said...

    Beautiful image and great design to showcase it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CRAFT Challenge!

    Desire Fourie said...

    Donna this is also beautifully crafted and perfect for our 16th ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...