Monday, February 6, 2012

Puzzling Love!

Since my Colts couldn't play in the Super Bowl, the next best thing was a Manning win. Way to go Giants! Great game and a fun time; because I got to watch but I also got to play. We had our fun little appetizer dinner (we do that twice a year: Super Bowl and Christmas Eve) and then I got to make some cards. So tonight I have two cards to share. Woo Hoo! It's been a while since I did that. My first card is all about the puzzle part of my title.

This one started out as a picture frame card but I cut the sides differently, so I made it into a puzzle instead. The image is from Designed 2 Delight. The sentiment is from Gina K. The embossing folder is Cuttlebug Victoria. This is for two challenges:
My second card is the love part of the title.

Slightly non-traditional colors for Valentines Day except for the red heart. I crocheted the heart and love making them. The LOVE image is a free image from Papertrey Ink. Their designers got together and gave away an entire page of freebies. Very cool! I also used the sketch from Sketches by Carly. The circular edges are inverted circles from Spellbinders. The embossing folder is Cuttlebug Victoria once again. The patterned paper is Basic Grey. The challenges for this card:
 Thanks for stopping by today. My week got off to a pretty good start. I hope yours did too.


8 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Well, the Colts weren't there but the Mannings still represented! :) Glad you had some fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays :)

Lorie said...

I agree...way to go Giants! Both your cards are lovely, as usual, Barb! Nice job!

Ann Schach said...

Both of your cards are wonderful, Donna! Your puzzle card is quite unique and clever! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Lesley said...

What a wonderful technique you used. Both cards are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.

Nance Leedy said...

Such clever and unique cards! Thank you for playing along with my flower challenge at The Paper Players!

Laura Davis said...

Lovely work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Janice said...

So, so pretty! Saw it on Outlawz. I used that same image.... great minds think alike!

http://twin2u2-scrapaddict.blogspot.com/2012/02/love.html

Julie said...

Beautiful! Love your take on Carly's sketch.
Thanks for joining us
Hugs
Julie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...