Sunday, February 5, 2012

Candy Wrappers

Are you watching the Super Bowl. We didn't set anything up with friends so after we pigged out a bit I have some crafting time! I'm really hoping the Giants win. Since the Colts can't be in the Super Bowl I'd like to see a Manning win. Go Giants!
I got a few candy bars on a sale and wanted to spruce them up a bit to send to a couple people for Valentine's Day. Joan's Garden has a challenge this week to make a candy bar wrapper. The requirements: create one (or several) cute candy bar pouches; Be creative in using embellishments; and follow Selma's instructions. Here's my wrappers.

The cool thing about these is if you pull the bow, out comes the candy bar. Very cute design by Selma. I crocheted the hearts on two of the wrappers. I used rose petal paper for the wrap around backgrounds. The stickers are all gold cupids roses and hearts. I used a couple of stamps: the gumball machine and the banner (hard to read) says Be My Valentine. The hearts have buttons added.
Here are two of these in separate pics:
I'm entering this wrapper in the Outlawz Saturday Paper a la Mode I Heart You challenge. Use two or more hearts in your project.
I'm entering this wrapper into a Gina K challenge to use patterned paper.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a smashing week ahead!


7 comments:

Lorie said...

These are so, so cute! I love the crocheted hearts they are gorgeous!

Joan Fricker said...

Donna, great job on your pouches.
Great gifts too.

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our Weekly challenge.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Joan Fricker said...

Donna, great job on your pouches.
Great gifts too.

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our Weekly challenge.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Selma said...

Donna all three of your Hershey pouches are so pretty. We are happy you joined us again this week for our challenge at Joan's Gardens. We love to see your work.

Carolyn King said...

oh my ...super cute candy covers. They really dress up the candy bars. Congrats on the Giants win!

Betty Benton said...

Fabulous candy bar wrappers! We were at the home of friends and although it sounds a bit chauvanistic, the guys watched the game and the gals played a card game called Hand and Foot. A wonderful time was had by all!!

Stef H said...

no sense wrapping my candy. i'd only tear it off anyway being in a hurry to get to the good stuff!!!

OR

it's way to pretty to open and would rot in there because i'd never take it out of this beautiful wrapper!

you choose.... LOL.

not too upset that the pats didn't win. i'm ok with the giants!

hugs :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...