Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My First Shaker Card

Tonight I made my very first shaker card. I think I need some practice but I'm not too terribly disappointed in my  first attempt.
The image and sentiment are from Doodle Pantry. I used my argyle embossing folder for the background and added an argyle patterned ribbon and self-adhesive rhinestones. The scalloped circle frame is cut from Spellbinders dies and the image is cut from a circle die. I love the adorable little birdhouse with all the friends gathered for a party. I'm entering the card into these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. I'm looking forward to the weekend. It can't come fast enough! Happy Wednesday!

Donna

10 comments:

Lorie said...

You did a great job Donna! I love it!

Lorianna said...

This is so cute!
I love everything about it!
Thanks for joining us for the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge #20
Hugs
Lorianna DPDT

Janis Lewis said...

So cool! That's really neat. I've never made a shaker card. Your's turned out fabulous!

L.Wilson said...

Oh my, this is too cute! Makes a great shaker! Thanks for joining us at Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 20!

L.Wilson said...

Not sure if the first comment went thru. Such a cute shaker card! Great details! Thanks for joining us at Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 20!

Stef H said...

absolutely FAB-U-LOUS! i love shaker cards and don't do them well. practice, practice, practice. yeah, like i have patience - LOL.

thanks for dropping by the past few days and for your very sweet comments. always good to see you.

hugs :)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

OMG....wonderful...been too long since I did a shaker card. Thank you so much for all the inspiration!

Carolyn King said...

oh how fun! love your shaker---it may be your first---but i doubt it will be your last---you did a great job!

papertrails leaver said...

well said! Sometimes you do indeed just need a friend! :-) Thanks for sharing your sweet card with us at Paper Playtime! :-) Amy

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh I love shaker cards and yours is no exception, it is wonderful! Thanks for joining the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge #20 this month!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...