Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love Sentiment

I am definitely on a roll this week with crafting. I found time to make another card tonight. I am very pleased with how this card turned out.
I think this looks so elegant. The background paper is from the Paper Studio. The rose image is from A Year of Flowers by Melanie Muenchinger. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things stamp set and was embossed with black embossing powder. I cut the image out with a square Spellbinders and rounded the corners. The backing dies were Spellbinders Contemporary Hearts that I first cut out and then traced around it in red. I'm entering this in several challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. We're on the down-side of the week, headed toward my favorite time of the week: Friday at 5 p.m. I'm always glad when work is finished for the week. I'm busy packing things up since the university is kicking up out of the building that we've been in for 30 years. (No I haven't been there for 30 years.) Still no word if I will have a job after the reorganization but I am hopeful that I'll have some kind of job; I just don't know what department or where on campus.  I'm fairly easy going about it all. Lots of people are freaking out about it. I'm thinking that if I don't have a job I'll have more time for crafting. That sounds good to me. Have a wonderful Thursday. Take care.


7 comments:

Lorie said...

That is just lovely Donna! I'm sorry to hear about what is going on at your job AND I'm so glad you have such a good attitude about it! HUGS!

Betty Benton said...

Love that background paper -- beautiful!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

I love then red, black and white color combination. Thanks for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays. Hope to see you again soon!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful, the rose just in red really is dramatic looking. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Challenge.

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty image and lovely layout! Thanks for playing with Flourishes!

Renee Matarese said...

This is very pretty. I really like your DP. Thanks for joining the party this week. Hope we see you for the next Party Time Tuesdays challenge.
Renee
PTT DT

Jennifer said...

Thanks for stopping by and playing with us over at Sentimental Sundays.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...