Tuesday, February 14, 2012

First Signs of Spring

Happy Valentines Day! I wish it had been light enough to take a picture this morning before I left for work. The trees were beautiful with snow. We had about an inch over night but it wasn't enough to stop anything from going on today. All the schools kids were hoping for a two hour delay but they didn't get that either. The landscape was beautiful; but by noon time it was melting away. And to show you how crazy our weather is in Indiana we are supposed to have heavy rain and thunder storms tomorrow. As they say in Indiana: "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change." But for my card today I was wishing for those first signs of spring. I made this card for Joan's Garden challenge.
The challenge:
  • create a spring card
  • use the color theme of blue and white
  • use some type of lattice
  • add a bird
My embossing folder was Garden Flowers and I inked the flowers and gave them a self-adhesive rhinestone for the centers. I made the card a birthday card since three of my co-workers have a birthday in the next week. Thanks for stopping by today. I hope your Valentines Day was filled with love. Tom and I left work for lunch so it was special. Tomorrow is Wednesday so I'm looking forward to being on the down side of the week. Take care!

Donna

4 comments:

Selma said...

Donna this is beautiful. Love that blue jay. Thanks for joining us again in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.

Lorie said...

Wow, Donna...this is just lovely! Great job!

Mrs. Swandog said...

Very pretty card...I love all of the elements and love how you pulled them together!

Joan Fricker said...

Donna, your card sure feels like spring. Great job.

Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...