Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happiest Birthday

We had a bit of snow last night. Just enough to make it slippery. My daughter had a job interview this morning and we are keeping our fingers crossed that this will work out. It will be lots more hours than she is getting in her present job. I didn't go to Baby Creek today. Instead I did laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, and cooking. I did get some crafting time tonight but hope tomorrow gives me even more time. Here's the card I created this evening.

I don't normally use black for a birthday card but I thought it would make the pink pop. I used a Papertrey Ink digital image in the center. Spellbinders dies include large circles, hearts and scalloped hearts. I inked the edges of the heart and scalloped heart. The ribbon is pink satin. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder and a pink heart brad and a green button for embellishments. I made this for two challenges:
I'm looking forward to more play time tomorrow. Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and thanks for dropping into see what I've been up to. Big hugs to you all.

Donna

4 comments:

Lorie said...

That is just lovely! The black makes it stunning!

Anna-Karin said...

Gorgeous card! The heart really pops on the black background. Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns!

Carole said...

So bold and stunning.

whoistracy said...

This is just gorgeous- I love that embossing. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...