Thursday, February 7, 2019

You Wow my Heart

Happy Thursday! It's been quite an eventful day around here. It's been raining for several days now and today has been stormy with heavy rain at times. We have a flood warning and we've had a tornado warning already today. Our backyard is looking like a lake and the street in front of our house is under water. Our garage is beginning to fill up with water but the house so far is high and dry, for which I am thankful for! I did a few errands this morning before the heavy rain set in and I am so glad to be home and not out on the streets. They've closed the schools early, I am sure because they will have a difficult time getting some kids home with flooded roads. And the temperatures are supposed to drop 40 degrees through the evening so we could have a lovely ice skating rink tomorrow morning. How fun! Enough about the weather here. Here's a card I managed to get done today.
A very simple card:
Stamps: sentiment from MFT More Essential Sentiments (heat embossed with white detail embossing powder on black cardstock)
Dies: Simon Says Stacked Hearts (inlay die technique with severals colors of cardstock), sentiment: MFT Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips
Love the way this turned out. One of my jobs for this afternoon is to start writing out Valentines to get them in the mail. I may have to take our canoe to the post office. I doubt they are delivering mail today unless they are using pontoon boats. I am entering these challenges:
I need to get dinner going and then I hope to go back for some crafty time. Certainly not going anywhere tonight unless I absolutely have to. Thank goodness this isn't all snow! Stay dry and warm.

Donna


8 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the pretty die you used- I have been seeing it on posts and you are the first to ID where it is from. The inlaid colors are so nice as well, and I love the sentiment in white on black. Thanks for joining the Catch the Bug challenge!

We had 2 days with no mail- and I had 'stuff' on the way that I needed! The mail could not even get here to sort! I am hoping your rain stops, or that you do have a canoe and can stay safe!!!

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, love all those hearts. Your card is gorgeous. I hear you on this weather. Be safe! Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug, Anything Goes Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Monika Skinner said...

Simple, yet effective Valentine's card. Thanks so much for playing along at The Male Room Craft Challenge. Good Luck!

Janice said...

A gorgeous CAS card, the hearts die is just fabulous!

Ana A said...

Really awesome Valentine's Day card Donna! I love that you kept it simple with a bold sentiment - so perfect for a guy! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Male Room Challenge - looking forward to seeing your future creations in our galleries :)

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cookie Challenge, good luck!!! Amy DT

Wei said...

What a sweet Valentine's card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Alka said...

Very beautiful card,Thank you for joining us at If you give a crafter a cookie, Love to see you again with your beautiful card. All the best for this challenge. DT ALka

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...