Tuesday, February 12, 2019

A Valentine Treat for the Head Start Teachers

Tomorrow is my day to help at Head Start so I needed to get the teachers' treats done today. Why am I always coming down to the wire on these things? LOL! But I finished this evening. We had some excitement in the neighborhood this afternoon. A huge tree fell across a major road at the end of our street. So for hours, all the traffic was diverted through our neighborhood. I was really glad that it was cold outside. The kids wouldn't be out playing in this kind of weather. Some of those drivers did not comprehend that they were coming through a neighborhood. We had busses, semis, trucks and cars. Not our usual quiet neighborhood. Back to my treats.


This is all 5 of the boxes that I made. Each is topped with a heart that I printed out after adding a Happy Valentine's Day sentiment (computer-generated). I die cut each of the hearts with Spellbinder's Scalloped dies. I used a tutorial from Pretty Pink Posh to create these treat boxes. After creating the small boxes I used the Quickcutz Tag die to create the sides of the boxes. I used Doodle Twine to tie the tops together. Each treat box is filled with three assorted Ghirardelli chocolate squares. 
This image is from Create with TLC.
This image is from Dearie Dolls.
I believe this image is from a retired Stampin' Up! set. This was in my stash and I think a friend sent it to me.
This image is from Gerda Steiner.Designs,
And last but not least, this one is from Beary Wishes.
I am entering these challenges:
I think I will head for bed early this evening. The weather is making me tired lately. I guess I am ready for spring but it doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon. Take care! Stay warm and safe.

Donna



15 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- I am amazed at how much you get done with how busy you are!!! You know I will love the Panda : ) but all are fantastic!!! So fun you get to spend so much time with the twins!!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Adorable Valentine treats!

craftieodmae said...

these are priceless!!!!

Sheryl said...

Lucky teachers! I am sure they will just love these adorable treat bags.
So glad you stopped by at 613 avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Pam said...

Your little treat Valentine holders are soooo cute! I am sure the teacher's are going to just love and appreciate them!
Huge,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Barb said...

These sure are cute!

CaroleAnn said...

Wow. This is a perfect gift and I am sure the teachers will be so happy to receive this adorable package! Great job and thanks for sharing with QKR Stampede. Hope it stays quiet and no more falling trees!!!

Carol W said...

Wow these are adorable I bet the teachers were thrilled to get them.

Carol W said...

These are adorable I love them and I bet the teachers were thrilled to receive them as well.

Jackie C said...

What a stunner! So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create. Please come back again! The best of luck with your entry. Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Donna Ellis said...

Aw, Donna! These little treat bags will brighten the teachers' day for sure! How thoughtful of you to remember them in this way. Thanks for the inspiration this morning! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Hope to see more of your creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner or A Designer Favorite. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

* Shell B.* said...

Simply wonderful Valentine treat boxes, the teachers are gonna love them!!
Thanks for sharing your creation with us at 613 Ave Create...Good Luck!
DT Shell
http://avenue613.blogspot.com

Cicci said...

Ohhh they are all wonderful!! So much details and beautiful creations!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
HUGS Cicci
TTCRD DT

Cicci With the Pen {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door

Janice said...

Love your Valentine treats!

Jo Ann said...

Wow, what fun gifts you have here. Love it! So glad you joined our February Challenge at 613 Avenue Create. We hope to see you link with us again next month. Have a blessed week!

JO ANN
https://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...